THE BEST BROADHEAD

Buck_fever

what is the best 100gr big game broadhead? I dont care if it is mechanical or fixed but if it is fixed i would like it to fly true. And if you guys have any pics it would e greatly appreciated if you could post them so i could see some holes in the deer.

Thanks

Double Drops

There are lots of great ones out there. The 2 Radar mentioned are excellent heads. I've been using the NAP Nightmare heads this year with some great results. I've killed 4 does with them & none went over 60 yards.
Remember that none of them will fly well out of a bow that isn't in tune. Make sure your bow is in tune & your broadheads are spinning true before you start.

Here's a pic of the entry of one of my kills with the Nightmare this year.
11513_110108_Pitchford_002_1.jpg

Toxophilite Phil

The best broadhead is one that is razor sharp and is placed in the vitals of the animal being hunted. I have had good luck with Thunderhead 100 and Muzzy 4 blade 100. Everyone will have their own opinion of what is best but it really doesn't matter because you are the one shooting it. The flying true part has a lot to do with your bow being tuned correctly and your arrows being spined right for your set up.

LCU

I shoot 100gr. Grimm Reaper razorcuts. They fly great.
Open huge holes. Puts deer down.
Check out the angled shot testing posted on youtube.

I shot fixed blades until changing to these mech's.

BigCountry71

Best fixed blades that fly true. Out of a tuned bow
I have friends that rep these and have shot and used them all. Best flying Fixed Blades.

1. Shuttle T's
2. Slick Trick
3. Nap Nitron
4. Grim Reapor Hades

Never really used and expandable broadhead other than once....

Rage flys well

Phil said it all!

What can you afford? How much do you bowhunt? Are you a 2-3 shot per year kinda hunter, or a 10-20 shot kinda hunter?

You need to shoot the BIGGEST, Sharpest, most accurate head you can!

DeerJay3

RAGE in the cage 2 blade. the first year i have used them and they r great. shot 4 does with them all great blood trails.
Good luck
IMG_8250.jpg

Back Home

I bought the Blackouts at BassPro last year. The guys there told me they fly very well. I'd used Rocky Mountains for years until they sold me on the Blackouts. I didn't get out nearly as much during bow season as I usually do, but did nail a buck during the first week. I wasn't extremely impressed with the hole.

The darn things aren't that big at all.

LCU

Buck_fever said:
I appreciate all your posts...i bought the grim reaper razorcuts. Ill post up and see how they do

I shot Rage and they are good.
Took me a while to get comfortable with anything but a fixed blade. Tried the Grimm Reaper razorcuts.and they are all I hunt with now.
They open up well on angled shots also. Youtube has some good vids of tests shooting.
Holes are amazing. They fly just as well as a fixed blade for me,but i don't shoot past 35 yds.,and I shoot a 60# bow.

I keep 1 fixed blade arrow in my quiver,just in case.

Blue5

LCU said:
Buck_fever said:
I appreciate all your posts...i bought the grim reaper razorcuts. Ill post up and see how they do

I shot Rage and they are good.
Took me a while to get comfortable with anything but a fixed blade. Tried the Grimm Reaper razorcuts.and they are all I hunt with now.
They open up well on angled shots also. Youtube has some good vids of tests shooting.
Holes are amazing. They fly just as well as a fixed blade for me,but i don't shoot past 35 yds.,and I shoot a 60# bow.

I keep 1 fixed blade arrow in my quiver,just in case.

When did you shoot Rages LCU? You said this was your first year to bowhunt in some threads a few months ago?

9 point

DeerJay3 said:
RAGE in the cage 2 blade. the first year i have used them and they r great. shot 4 does with them all great blood trails.
Good luck
IMG_8250.jpg

it dont look like that rage went through the cage

JayMc

I usually ask Radar and Rich their opinions...seriously.

I've used Muzzys, G5 Montecs and Slick Tricks.

I liked the Montecs as far as consistency and flight performance. I have no skill at sharpening anything though so I sent my Montecs to Double Drops. I used them for one season and killed three deer. They're great heads, but I was not comforable that I could get them as sharp as necessary.

I tried Muzzys and liked that I could replace the blades and always hunt with out of the box sharpness. They didn't seem as consistent in flight and the ferrules bent on a few of them. I killed 6 deer with them including a decent 8pt.

I switched to Slick Tricks before the '07 season. They fly great and have replaceable blades that come very sharp. I've killed several deer plus a caribou with STs and have zero complaints.

I've never shot a mechanical at an animal, but have few packs of hammerheads that I intend to use in turkey season. They work well on my block target :D

Jon B

The G5 motec fixed blade. (100gr) Have used these blades for a couple of seasons now. They seem to hold up very well and fly good to.

Latest posts