The Alabama Rig

Headhunter

Anyone here seen what has been happening with it lately? For those who really like to catch bass, search it on the internet.

Baxter83

Oh man! I would have thought someone was crazy for throwing a thing like that, but it makes good sense. Especially this time of year and early spring, heck probably year round. I'm gonna have to give it a try next spring.

Lincoln Co Archer

The Alabama Rig is illegal in TN. It is classified as an umbrella rig. TWRA has already made their stance for the upcoming FLW Tourney on Kentucky Lake. It's an awesome idea when the fish are suspended around baitfish.

RF270

I think it depends on what size hook you use weather it is legal in Tennessee or not. It doesn't matter to me I just sold my 6 on ebay. These baits are so popular right now they can't make them fast enough. This is just a mom & pop operation and they have sold 4000 of them in less than a week. Very good idea and it works very well just ask Paul Elias.

Football Hunter

SilverFox said:
Should be illegal... like shooting deer over corn. JMHO

I don't care if you guys fish it... don't get me wrong. If it's legal then you can do it. I just have no interest in doing it.
why should it be Illegal?????Keep in mind,I NEVER keep a bass anyway,the only bass Im looking to keep will be a 6 lb smallmouth.

SilverFox

I just don't agree with it.

Another reason... every Tom, Richard and Harry will have one. It takes some good gear to throw the rig. Imagine someone breaking one off in a school of bass. Now imagine 3 or 5 bass according to where you are locked together until death. Not how I would want to die.

Just think of some of the idiots that are out there. I can bet you some of them will try throwing it on a 6 foot Walmart rod with 10 pound test. No doubt there will be a bunch of fish that die due to lost rigs.

But to each his own. Not my cup of tea.

catman529

Looks interesting but I'll pass... if I want to catch more than one bass at a time, I can tie on an extra lure my own way. But I'd rather just fish with one lure

Bullfrog

From my understanding on it, you can use it in TN, but only one bait can obtain a hook, if you use all 6 lures. If you only have 3 baits attached, all 3 may obtain a hook. There is something in there about a 6 ought hook, too...but im not sure of the wording on it.

Tennessee Todd

rsimms said:
I can't ever remember hearing so much "buzz" about a new fishing lure!

Me neither! You've got to give it to the couple that invented this, they have kept their prices the same. With all of the demand they could double their price and not keep up. Fishermen are crazy when it comes to lures.

Heck, I've spent $35 on a jerkbait to win $25.... :(