Thank you Lord!!

ULTRAMAG25

Yesterday morning as I was getting in my truck I heard one gobbling across the street. I really wanted to run across the road and set up on it. I knew it was Friday and my boys didn't have school the next day so I opted to leave it be and told my youngest boy about when I got home. Needless to say he was ready for this morning. It stormed like crazy last night with lightning, thunder, and rain. We get up this morning and I tell him that I have no idea IF that bird is anywhere around still. We get in the woods and it's quiet the first 45 minutes of daylight and then we hear one WAY WAY WAY off. I get loud on the slate and told my son "I doubt he heard that maybe". We sit for another 15 minutes and he gobbles again and this time I knew he was making his way towards us but still out a ways. We position to where I think he's going to come and wait. He gobbles again but has decided he wanted to come directly to my right but my son was on my left. I tell him to shift just a little cause the shot will be hard hard right. Just as he shifts and settles I see this blue head and full fan strutting towards our right. I swear I thought my boy was going to rattle the bb's out of the shell from shaking 🤣. I lean back as far as I was comfortable so not to spook this tom and tell him to get his head down on the gun and shoot when ready. He pulled the trigger and I went deaf. I can't see if the bird went down or if he missed by the way I was leaning. He's asking "is it down is it down" and my eyes are watery from the percussion of a 12 ga 3" going off. I wipe my eyes and there it laid at 30ish yards. We celebrated and he was still shaking. I thanked the Lord for such a beautiful environment to be in with my son and the beautiful bird He created. To say my season is complete is an understatement and I have yet to even pull the trigger myself. View attachment 176147View attachment 176149View attachment 176150
I have a young son that I can't wait for this opportunity to experience with him hopefully! Great joy comes out of stories like this congratulations!

Knothead

That's what it's all about, right there. Awesome awesome! Congrats to you and your son, and may God bless you for spending the quality time with the lad! We need more dads in the world who will do that!

Drewdog

Yesterday morning as I was getting in my truck I heard one gobbling across the street. I really wanted to run across the road and set up on it. I knew it was Friday and my boys didn't have school the next day so I opted to leave it be and told my youngest boy about when I got home. Needless to say he was ready for this morning. It stormed like crazy last night with lightning, thunder, and rain. We get up this morning and I tell him that I have no idea IF that bird is anywhere around still. We get in the woods and it's quiet the first 45 minutes of daylight and then we hear one WAY WAY WAY off. I get loud on the slate and told my son "I doubt he heard that maybe". We sit for another 15 minutes and he gobbles again and this time I knew he was making his way towards us but still out a ways. We position to where I think he's going to come and wait. He gobbles again but has decided he wanted to come directly to my right but my son was on my left. I tell him to shift just a little cause the shot will be hard hard right. Just as he shifts and settles I see this blue head and full fan strutting towards our right. I swear I thought my boy was going to rattle the bb's out of the shell from shaking 🤣. I lean back as far as I was comfortable so not to spook this tom and tell him to get his head down on the gun and shoot when ready. He pulled the trigger and I went deaf. I can't see if the bird went down or if he missed by the way I was leaning. He's asking "is it down is it down" and my eyes are watery from the percussion of a 12 ga 3" going off. I wipe my eyes and there it laid at 30ish yards. We celebrated and he was still shaking. I thanked the Lord for such a beautiful environment to be in with my son and the beautiful bird He created. To say my season is complete is an understatement and I have yet to even pull the trigger myself. View attachment 176147View attachment 176149View attachment 176150
Fantastic! Congrats

BPhunter

I'd like to say congratulations to that young man, and congratulate his dad for being an awesome father. Great hunt and great job to both.

Latest posts