Tecomate LabLab plus

8 POINTS OR BETTER

Yes I planted it two years in a roll. 1/2 to 3/4 acre plots. The deer would just eat to the ground. If I planted it again it would have to be a 2 or 3 acre plot.

Cache

2-Step Enabled
I planted it a couple of years back. If your going to plant it would definently suggest planting rather large plots of it as deer wipe it out pretty fast!

Food Plot 101

Ditto to that. Depending on how dense your herd is you may need to plant 2 or 3 acres. Got my whole plot nipped as soon as green up occurred. I started putting bags of hair from the barber shop around the plots when I noticed but the damage was done! I would mix sorghum, sunflowers and such to give it more of a chance.

Food Plot 101

Sounds crazy, but take a few plastic Kroger shopping bags and go to Master Cuts or whatever, ask kindly at the end of the day if you can have some hair. Usually they are more than willing to give it to you. Works for awhile, but after a rain or too you'll need to reapply. I have done this for several years with good success. Do this until your larger plants get established and it will give those peas and beans a chance.

REN

one of my best friends worked at LBL a few years back doing FP managment and he swears by LabLab as he tried it quite a bit out there and the deer absolutly loved it and would actually bed in it when it got tall.

BSK

The problem with LabLab is that it is a slow starter. It grows slowly at first and then takes off. The problem is, deer can wipe it out while it is in the early slow growth stage.

I would also recommend looking at Quail Haven beans. They are a faster starter. Although the LabLab certainly does do well in drier conditions than Quail Haven.

Latest posts