WHAT YA'LL THINK ABOUT TECOMATE MAX ATTRACT?

Living2Hunt

anyone had any luck with it? just planted 3 different 1 acre plots with them. my grandfather bougth them, but we have never used them before! i hope it does well, bc thats a lot of work that goes into. i hope we didnt waist time. we had whitetail institute imperial whitetail clover for 3 years now. but we dicided to try annual this year and attract alot of deer! i tried to get him to go with buck oats, but this was the choice. any comments are welcome! thanks!

TheLBLman

Keep in mind these are just my opinions and others will think differently. :)

HUNTFUN07 said:
. . . . .any comments are welcome!
I enjoy working with food plots, but they may benefit my "mindset" more than they benefit the deer. In general, "food plots" have been over-promoted, especially regarding their value for deer hunting. There are some exceptions, but most people's food plots are not those exceptions.

Will Tecomoate Max attract more deer than Imperial Clover?
Doubt you'll notice any difference. In fact, if you simply mowed your food plots each spring, added a little lime & fertilizer, what naturally sprouts might provide you similar results to planting rather expensive seed choices.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Tecomate seed. I just think it generally costs more than it's worth to me. Hard to beat the value (and results) of some cheaper seed choices in bulk from any County Co-Op. Keep in mind, we're in Tennessee, not in some arid climate and place where the deer havd little else to eat, as on some Texas ranches.

But it is fun to be sold on something we think is better, as we anticipate all these big bucks feeding in our food plots. :)
I'll bet you'll see a lot of deer in your food plots, just don't necessarily think it's based on the brand of your seeds as much as it is the fact that ground offers something "different" as a food source than the surrounding ground.

Living2Hunt

Football Hunter said:
you just did it?Youl'll need some luck and a lot of rain.

well actually, i havent put seed down yet. we just bush hogged, plowed, then disked. i went ahead and disk fertilizer in. were waiting 2 weeks to sow.

Living2Hunt

Wes Parrish said:
Keep in mind these are just my opinions and others will think differently. :)

HUNTFUN07 said:
. . . . .any comments are welcome!
I enjoy working with food plots, but they may benefit my "mindset" more than they benefit the deer. In general, "food plots" have been over-promoted, especially regarding their value for deer hunting. There are some exceptions, but most people's food plots are not those exceptions.

Will Tecomoate Max attract more deer than Imperial Clover?
Doubt you'll notice any difference. In fact, if you simply mowed your food plots each spring, added a little lime & fertilizer, what naturally sprouts might provide you similar results to planting rather expensive seed choices.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Tecomate seed. I just think it generally costs more than it's worth to me. Hard to beat the value (and results) of some cheaper seed choices in bulk from any County Co-Op. Keep in mind, we're in Tennessee, not in some arid climate and place where the deer havd little else to eat, as on some Texas ranches.

But it is fun to be sold on something we think is better, as we anticipate all these big bucks feeding in our food plots. :)
I'll bet you'll see a lot of deer in your food plots, just don't necessarily think it's based on the brand of your seeds as much as it is the fact that ground offers something "different" as a food source than the surrounding ground.

i understand what your saying. but my question was if anyone has used it and what kind of luck you had. not that other seeds are better and all of that. sorry if you miss understood. like i said before this is firdt time planting max attract. i have my favorites. but this is what he wants. so i was just wondering if anyone on here has used it?

Churly Bucketts

I've never used it but its a mix of my favorite winter plot seeds and should do well. I was tempted to buy a bag. But I'll wait a few more weeks to sow any winter stuff.I wonder how effective the seed coating works?

Living2Hunt

Churly Bucketts said:
I've never used it but its a mix of my favorite winter plot seeds and should do well. I was tempted to buy a bag. But I'll wait a few more weeks to sow any winter stuff.I wonder how effective the seed coating works?

i hope well! they say its yellow jacket coated? not sure how that works?