Tactacam Reveal XB - video question

TNReb

I have my cameras set to PIC+VIDEO.

I have Multi Shot set to 3P.

I have Multi Shot Interval set to 0s.

I'm getting videos where the deer (bobcat, etc) is already almost gone before the video starts.

Does anyone know if the video triggers after the pictures?

Should I consider setting Multi Shot to something lower than 3P? Would that help me get videos that begin earlier?

Or is the trigger speed of this camera just not as fast as more expensive cameras?

East TN Bowhunter

I would set it to one pic + video or just pictures with a delay. If your using alkaline batteries then i would recommend just 1 pic with atleast a 30 second delay and set your send setting to once a day. Mine was set on instant send and pic plus video and alkalines only lasted 2-3 weeks and i only had 50 pics and 30-40 videos.

TheLBLman

I have my cameras set to PIC+VIDEO.
I have Multi Shot set to 3P.
I have Multi Shot Interval set to 0s.

I'm getting videos where the deer (bobcat, etc) is already almost gone before the video starts.

Does anyone know if the video triggers after the pictures?

Or is the trigger speed of this camera just not as fast as more expensive cameras?
If you're mainly wanting video, set the cam to video mode, then it will trigger faster for video.

Also, no need to have 3P if you're following each triggering event with a video clip.
Change that to either 1P or simply go to video mode (0) pic.
1P will cause video to kick in a fraction of a second quicker.

Yes, video begins after the pics.

Probably little need to be set to 0 seconds (no delay) between triggering events.
This setting will greatly reduce battery life.

The more expensive cams will generally be a little quicker to trigger.

Latest posts