Tactacam question

midtndeerhunter

Bit of an odd question, but is anyone aware if the number it shows by the SD card on the app is the number of photos taken and currently on the SD card or the number of photos that have been transmit it to the app? The reason I ask is I have a Cam sent quite a ways away and when I said it it was poor signal. The only pictures I get transmitted to app are my daily checking pictures at the same time every day, other than that nothing. Is my sd card full of pics in cam or nothing at all?

East TN Bowhunter

Bit of an odd question, but is anyone aware if the number it shows by the SD card on the app is the number of photos taken and currently on the SD card or the number of photos that have been transmit it to the app? The reason I ask is I have a Cam sent quite a ways away and when I said it it was poor signal. The only pictures I get transmitted to app are my daily checking pictures at the same time every day, other than that nothing. Is my sd card full of pics in cam or nothing at all?
The number on the app is pics sent to your phone from that camera. If you go into your payment plan it will show you how many photos you have left for the month also. I had an issue with the checkin pics as well because i had them turned off and they still sent to me every 12 hours. The next time i went and pulled my sd card i made sure to update my settings while i was physically with the camera. It seems to update better that way. I also changed it while i was in set up mode and then turn it on and dont change settings after that even though you can but ive had mixed results not being with the camera and changing settings. Supposedly you can set the settings check to instant and everytime you change a setting and then press the apply settings button its supposed to update then but im not so sure it works perfectly especially if you have poor signal. If your settings check is set to 24 hours then you will have to wait 24 hours until it will change to instant after changing it to instant. Other than that it sounds like you just aren't having anything walk in front of your camera. Batteries arent dead and sd card shouldnt be full if its sending check in pics.

midtndeerhunter

Thanks for the reply. I know sd not full, but what I wonder is if camera is messed up and not triggering. It's weird I set it behind house with kids to check and it fired off a ton, but I set it out there and it doesn't seem to be. Sitting on a corn pile that you can watch disappear through the check in pics so I know some animal is eating. Weird as well I'd one of the check in pics had a doe in it eating then nothing again. I figure if it has signal to send check in pics it would have signal to send others. Who knows lol

midtndeerhunter

Well one of the batches came through this morning. Total of like seven pictures from yesterday so it would appear it is indeed taking pictures but when the batch is said to send must not be connected to a signal

Andy S.

Tactacam will send you a text and email notification when your SD card is nearing full capacity (> 90%). If your settings are set to "SD Loop", the camera will overwrite the first pics on SD card, so no worries of SD card becoming full. With cellular cameras, the value of pics stored on the SD card has diminished IMO. The 0.5% of pics that I get that I really want to look at, I request a HD pic and that typically satisfies my appetite. In the EXTREMELY RARE instance it does not, I retrieve/replace SD card.

midtndeerhunter

This is a reveal x I bought last year. Current signal says strong but was set with one bar. That just changed the other day. I wasn't getting anything but the check in pics. I chamged send type to once/24 hrs and got 6 pics this morning. I believe that may do the trick. Hope so at least.

Hunt4

I had the same issue recently. Had it setup to send pics twice a day and was getting 0 pics other than the check in pics daily. I had just pulled a regular cam that showed multiple deer using it every day, so I thought my camera was messed up as well. I changed my settings to send pics immediately, and now I'm getting plenty of pictures sent a day.

Best I could figure was with the low service there it wasn't able to transmit a big file with 12 hours of pictures.

East TN Bowhunter

I have my XB to send instantly and i get ayleast 10 pics a day no problem but my signal was atleast 3 bars when i set it up. I do feel like I see more issues with the X than the XB but that could be because its been around longer.

Latest posts