Tackle gear set up?

Crow Terminator

That's how I ended up with huge backpacks full of soft plastics haha. On the rare days I would throw them and catch a few fish, I would be convinced I had finally figured out the color and such for the lake. Then I'd go overboard and buy bunches of packs in that color. And that's how I would end up with a backpack full of red shad, watermelon seed/chartreuse, grape, etc colors in every size worm, lizard, creature made. One day this past summer I wore them out on a big 10" black worm with blue tail. I promptly ordered some more of them and never had another bite any other time I threw it.

moondawg

Try my method!
  • Step 1
    Tie any worm/lizard/brush hog/etc on a hook.

• Step 2
    Cast it randomly in the lake

• Step 3
    Slowly drag it back

• Step 4
    Repeat Step 3

• Step 5
    Complain. "Man.. nothing is biting today. This lake sucks!"

• Step 6
    Repeat Steps 3 and 5.

• Step 7
    Buy a new pack of plastics in a different color and say "I bet THIS will work!"

• Step 8
    Repeat entire process.
That's what I did! And after trying a few times and not catching anything, I never tried it again.

Falconi

That's what I did! And after trying a few times and not catching anything, I never tried it again.

I was trying to teach my wife fly fishing on the South Platte in Colorado. I picked a calm wide spot, cast upstream, and let if float down, all the while explaining how to do it. BAM! A brown hit it just as I finished my explanation. Was unexpected to say the least. Dumb luck.

Gronkmonster

I've worked on my tackle/gear a ton over the winter. If it goes in the boat, it's in a 3700 box. Peg board in the garage for spare plastics/hooks/etc.

I keep a couple of extra 3700 boxes for tossing random things into when I'm going to a pond or getting in the boat with someone else.

Last thing I worked on was getting my soft plastics organized. I don't keep all of these in the boat at the same time, but I don't like fooling with bags & packs. Been there, done that.. can't keep track of what I have and what I don't.

Also got hooks (except swimbait and shakey heads) organized into a couple of different boxes.

Last picture of the wall was actually before I started doing more organizing. Probably have another 20-25 3700 boxes that are full now.
Is that your home or a tackle shop 🤣? Very impressive collection

Coop87

I used to have smaller separate bags for different species but with my 6.5 year old who loves to fish also has a short attention span. I now have an Ego tackle bag loaded down with custom boxes for all freshwater species. When he's ready to go fishing or we go to cabin for weekend I grab that one bag and go. I usually put together a smaller box once we get to location but have been very impressed with overall quality and layout of that bag. Have also liked having everything in 3600 boxes vs 3700s especially when kayak fishing.