T/C Hawken Question

Donk

I've got an old Thompson Center 50cal Hawken,would it be OK to shoot these new type sabots.All I've ever shot out of it is round balls and patches.Killed the biggest Deer I ever shot last year with this gun and the round balls.

Buccaneer

T/C Hawkins and Renegades, in both .50 and .54 caliber were designed to shoot Maxi-Ball projectiles. I have a Renegade in .54 and it shoots fantastic with 100 grains loose Pyrodex RS and T/C Maxi-Hunter bullets over a wonder wad. I have killed too many deer to count with this combo. It shoots patched round balls just as well and I killed a double one day with full penetration through both deer standing broadside. The T/C Hawkin and Renegade are some of the best black powder rifles ever sold.

make'em strut

T/C Hawkins and Renegades, in both .50 and .54 caliber were designed to shoot Maxi-Ball projectiles. I have a Renegade in .54 and it shoots fantastic with 100 grains loose Pyrodex RS and T/C Maxi-Hunter bullets over a wonder wad. I have killed too many deer to count with this combo. It shoots patched round balls just as well and I killed a double one day with full penetration through both deer standing broadside. The T/C Hawkin and Renegade are some of the best black powder rifles ever sold.

I will agree with you but thiers is one more in my book i dont own a hawkens but i do have a T/C newenglander the only diff in the renegade an hawkins is the fancy bronze plates on them

Latest posts