Super Caney May 16

Tubakka

Hard hard to pattern, but managed two fish. One 23.5" and another 24.5". Got picture of the two fatties together, haha. We're enablers...although, I gotta lose a few, and he needs to pack on . Don't let the water fool you; it just might produce a big one for you. I saw some people in the catamarans that did okay just drifting live worms on the bottom. nothing huge. I theorize there are giants back in the trees now under 15 feet deep drafting off of stuff. One of the few breaks from the curent. But SOOO much water and the same amount of fish.

DSC02711.jpg

This is the 24.5". Released. Ate the 23.5". Sorry...it's been a while, and I forgot how great they taste steaked and grilled with honey. Don't knock it until you've tried it once...

Tubakka

Thanks guys. When she hit, in that murky, All I saw was the flash of the head, and she dove. These fish are fighting way harder than normal. This fish would've normally been like a 30 second fight, but it took me like 3-4 minutes and we were out of hte current. I thought she was much bigger, maybe 10-12 and got a little snippy with the poor net guy, haha a greenhorn, but he did a great job. I wonder if its just the DO or what? Going to fish the Clinch tomorrow. let you know how it goes.

Model70Man

Nice trout!

Good luck on the Clinch. They are generating almost 10k CFS nonstop. Fishing will be tough. Normal 2 generators is around 6500 to 7000 CFS. Very good fishing when the flow is at that level.

ghosthunter

Big ones like that sure are nice to eat. It's been a while since I've caught one good enough to steak. I'll have to remember the honey trick.

Tubakka

Captain hook,
Correction: THIS FISH...looks stone cold dead...

Picture2.png

That's the 23.5" I ate that day. And did it taste great? Survey says, yes.

THIS fish, the aforementioned in the initial post, was safely released and swam off strong.

DSC02713.jpg

I guess, I could also provide the email of the nice young couple that took my photo and watched it swim off. Whatever.
...although part of the reason might be that in dark dinghy water like the stuff in there now they lose a bit of their vibrancy.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Wow, simply wow.
captainhook, any particular reason you like to hate on people so much? Seriously, to point blank call a man a liar is just wrong dude.

Congratulations on the fish, they are indeed simply beautiful. Wish I lived where they do. :D
Not saying I have the skill to actually catch one but I would like to try.

OldHunter

Nice fish! Look at the fish in the sink, It's nose is halfway up the side of the sink and the tailfin is almost peeking out the top of the sink. It has to be "somewhere close" to 23.5 inches. Congrats Tubakka!

bigluresonly

This is another pic of the brown in tub's sink after it had been on ice a couple hours. My cooler is 24" wide, the fish was every bit of 23.5". Congrats tubbaka.

0516091151.jpg

Latest posts