Summit Rapid Climb Stirrups?

TboneD

How many of y'all can climb just as quiet without them? I took them and the bunjee off my Viper and it's just as easy; not sure if as quiet. What say you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tennessee Lead

So you just stick your feet under the side rails?
I've never tried that. Mine has the stirrups all I've known. Never had an older summit.

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

hitek7

TboneD":mwueyw9b said:
How many of y'all can climb just as quiet without them? I took them and the bunjee off my Viper and it's just as easy; not sure if as quiet. What say you?

That was somewhat the principal they were designed from. I used to climb like that (feet under the rails). I will say that without the stirrups and bunji you are at severe risk of the stand sliding off your feet in certain situations (luckily I am LIVING proof). It may work great for you but I do not recommend it since I have been there hanging from my top section with the platform at the base of the tree. The cable caught on a small limb on the back side of the tree that I was not aware of...

lightsareout

hitek7":1j8mo0bn said:
TboneD":1j8mo0bn said:

That was somewhat the principal they were designed from. I used to climb like that (feet under the rails). I will say that without the stirrups and bunji you are at severe risk of the stand sliding off your feet in certain situations (luckily I am LIVING proof). It may work great for you but I do not recommend it since I have been there hanging from my top section with the platform at the base of the tree. The cable caught on a small limb on the back side of the tree that I was not aware of...

need to get the third hand archery stabilizer straps ;)

Tennessee Lead

infoman jr.":3huba90d said:
Tennessee Lead":3huba90d said:
Mike Belt":3huba90d said:
...and always tie your hand climber together with your platform.
Thirdhand straps are a must

Do these straps do something that a cheap piece of rope won't?

They sure do
They lock the top down as you stand up

TboneD

I assumed more of you guys used stabilizing straps. I wouldn't even consider climbing without them anymore.

I might put the stirrups back on since they weigh next to nothing and maybe I can climb a little quieter on trees with rough bark. Still, I've dropped the platform once and it's nothing to pull it back up with the straps. Thanks for the replies.

infoman jr.

TboneD":10nw9dl3 said:
I assumed more of you guys used stabilizing straps. I wouldn't even consider climbing without them anymore.

I might put the stirrups back on since they weigh next to nothing and maybe I can climb a little quieter on trees with rough bark. Still, I've dropped the platform once and it's nothing to pull it back up with the straps. Thanks for the replies.

What's a stabilizing strap?

lightsareout

infoman jr.":d106zrl4 said:
TboneD":d106zrl4 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qm9dUsICd4

Tennessee Lead

4659f4299d2b8dc4331005e4db56070b.jpg

Those green straps are my DIY version of the Thirdhand stabilizer straps.
I used $6 lashing straps at Walmart. Rated at 250 pounds each.

infoman jr.

lightsareout":lcb46i3n said:
infoman jr.":lcb46i3n said:
TboneD":lcb46i3n said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qm9dUsICd4
Interesting. Never seen such as that.

TboneD

Tennessee Lead":2objhbbm said:
infoman jr.":2objhbbm said:
Tennessee Lead":2objhbbm said:
Mike Belt said:
...and always tie your hand climber together with your platform.
Thirdhand straps are a must

Do these straps do something that a cheap piece of rope won't?

They sure do
They lock the top down as you stand up

And you can lean out against your seat section bar to make shots behind the tree.

As I told Wes yesterday, the only reason I was selling my Open Shot was that the Vipers seat section makes me a better bowhunter. The straps are a must because I use the bar to steady my shots.....and if you have the straps the stirrups aren't necessary, hence the thread post.

cozy23

I made some stabilizer straps from some stuff at work. I used them this past weekend and they are awesome. No more worrying about knocking your top loose while standing. As long as you have weight on the platform your top section will not move.

backyardtndeer

My summit did not come with the rapid climb stirrups, have a python model that came from cabelas. I used it plenty before adding the stirrups and it was no more or less quiet either way. Before the stirrups just wedged my feet in the sides.

Never heard of the thirdhand straps. Do keep my top and bottom sections tied together, seems a common sense thing. Reminds me I need to shorten the rope a little, last time I used it the platform slipped and it was a little stretch to get to it.

Latest posts