Steak?

Trapper John

I like that hard-to-capture area between rare and medium rare with a nice, almost crispy sear on each side. However, as long as a steak is between rare and medium I won't complain.

For seasonings I like simple salt and pepper. For a store bought seasoning I like the Montreal Steak stuff. I used it on a camping trip once and still use it every now and then.

When the steak is done I like to rest it in aluminum foil, then take the juices that leak out and add a few drops of A-1, some more pepper and some softened butter to make my own version of steak butter that a few places still serve with their meat.

timberjack86

Trapper John said:
I like that hard-to-capture area between rare and medium rare with a nice, almost crispy sear on each side. However, as long as a steak is between rare and medium I won't complain.

For seasonings I like simple salt and pepper. For a store bought seasoning I like the Montreal Steak stuff. I used it on a camping trip once and still use it every now and then.

When the steak is done I like to rest it in aluminum foil, then take the juices that leak out and add a few drops of A-1, some more pepper and some softened butter to make my own version of steak butter that a few places still serve with their meat.
Dang that sounds good! Gonna write that down!

chrmayo

I always do a little salt, pepper, & meat tenderizer...Splash a lil dales mixed with water to cut some sodium down and grill till it stops bleeding and Im good to go....

Got a friend that unless he is cooking a lot of them he blackens his ribeyes in cast iron on the stove. I've had one and they are hard to beat. Not sure on the seasonings but they are dang good.

fishboy1

Since it is so hot out, and we have a total burn ban here in R county.>>> (cant even run a grill and I wouldn't want to anyway)

Mill Stone Dry Rub for Beef Tenderloin and Venison

� Cup Kosher Salt (reduce amount for salt conscious diets)
� Cup Brown Sugar packed
3 T Coffee, Turkish Grind (very fine)
2T ground paprika
2T granulated Garlic
1T ground Cumin
1T ground Cinnamon
1t ground Cloves
1t ground Ginger
1t ground Mace
1t ground Corriander
1 t Ground Black Pepper
� t Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
� t Ground Cayenne Pepper

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk to mix. Store in sealed mason jar out of direct light.

Coat your tenderloin, ribeye steak, or venison steaks or roast with rub. Don�t be shy, put a good amount on, heavier on roasts/tenderloins and a little lighter on steaks.
Sear in HOT cast Iron Skillet. Get skillet to temp and then add a little olive oil. (should smoke) Sear meat on all sides to create a beautiful brown crust. about 1-3 min per side.

Once seared pop into a 350 degree oven. Steaks will need 3-10 minutes depending on thickness and desired doneness. Remove when slightly less cooked than desired, and plate for at least 5 minutes before serving. Meat will continue to cook from internal heat

( use less time for venison and a little more for thick cut beef steaks )

I like to put skillet back on stove after removing meat and add 1 cup red wine. Deglaze pan getting all the tasty crusty bits. Bring to simmer and reduce by 1/2. Remove from heat and add half stick cold butter 1 Tbs at a time wisking constantly.
Don't get it too hot or the sauce will break (separate)

Serve over beef.

Another kick a$$ addition is to thin slice a large portabello cap sideways to make a frisbee looking cap. ( or you can just break the stem off and clean the ribs out if you prefer ) Heat a non stick skillet with a Tsp of olive oil. Put mushroom cap in skillet for just a few minutes to soften slightly. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Flip the cap onto the top of ribeye cooked as outlined above. Cap should have curled slightly to make a saucer. Add red wine reduction to the cap and serve.

When you cut through the mushroom cap, the redwine reduction runs all over the steak and down into your garlic mashed potatoes. Mmmmmmmmmm! :)

JCDEERMAN

Worsteshire (sp) and pepper.....thats it.

Sear each side for about 30 seconds a piece. Put off to the side or upper grate and slow cook. I like mine medium rare

Redfred16

Thats the way I like mine but I sprinkle just a bit of garlic powder with the Montreal seasonings. I also drop a bit of chive butter on mine, it looks pretty for my wife and brings just a bit of flavor to the steaks.

eweisner

Butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder. I take them off the grill when they are just firm enough not to bend in half when I flip them...