Spinning rod

jwb

Phoenix have become my new favorite they are crazy light and sensitive. Got a couple dobyns rods that very good for the money but I little heavier than the phoenix.

TNReb

Some options...

Daiwa Tatula Elite Signature Series
Use promo code: BBC10 and you'll get 10% off. That will bring it down to $161.99 with free shipping. A little over your budget, but not by much. The Tackle Trap is a good group of guys in Alababama. They ship very quickly and are very reliable.

ALX IKOS Series
Also slightly over $150. May find them cheaper somewhere else.

Dobyns Fury
May feel a little heavier than some other rods, but solid rods for the price. Often available at Academy if you have one nearby.

Falcon BuCoo
Can also be found at Academy sometimes. I've never used one, but a fishing buddy has a few and he likes them.

St Croix Premier
Solid rods. You won't find many complaints about these. Would probably be my vote for "best rod" in this price range - if they have a model that fits your needs.

RobDooley

I have several Cashion rods and love them. Great guarantee. I broke one by closing rod locker on it. No problem...they replaced it! If you do decide to buy, just be sure to register. Guaranteed for life.

holstonangler

Academy tac 40 spinning rod, best for the money, very light and sensitive, esp for drop shot and neds. Normally at $79, they go on sale for around $60

gun nut

I think I've about settled on the at croix victory ml/xf anyone used it it looks like it'd work good for what I need and maybe fishing live bait also

FLTENNHUNTER1

I think I've about settled on the at croix victory ml/xf anyone used it it looks like it'd work good for what I need and maybe fishing live bait also
I was going to recommend the St. Croix Premier...Made in USA. Let me know how you like the Victory if you end up getting it!

Latest posts