Where’s my rod!!!!

7mm08

Buddy and I went surf fishing today at Fripp Island for a few hours. To make a long story short don't turn your back on your surf rod in October. Drew said " where's my rod". His rod and holder were gone! Holder never got found but the rod was headed to Bermuda about 25-30 yards off the beach, and luckily floating on top !!! A quick wade and fight resulted in a 42" redfish caught on a frozen squid ( I get them at a Shrimp house. It's " bycatch" from dragging the nets)

IMG_2975.jpeg

Last edited:

ScLowCountry

Gotta love a nice red. I've caught upper 30 in reds in 1-2 feet of water. That was in the dead of winter so the fight isn't as much.

Damn I miss insore fishing

JBell

I had that happen to me yesterday. It didnt make it to the water. It wasn't a awesome redfish. But a very impressive stingray😂

TNReb

Awesome! Been surf fishing the last two days and haven't even had a bite. Brutal.

Lt.Dan

My brother and I were bank fishing for catfish one night. He asked me the same thing "where's my rod". I asked him if he tied it off, nope. Long gone, never found. It was brand new, just bought that day. Lesson learned. Don't turn your back and tie off the rod.

Congrats on the Redfish.