So far for 2021

Yotehntr

I've had the curs out some this year but we haven't had any good action shots. Thought I'd show the few I've shot so far this year.
IMG-7012.jpg

The pups keeping a low profile. It's really surprising how much we get away with on stand.
IMG-7031.jpg

buddy got this one.
IMG-7066.jpg

IMG-7118.jpg

I retired this month so the new gun was my (early) retirement gift to me. 1st blood for the Ridgeline in 22-250 :)
IMG-7181.jpg

IMG-7190.jpg

IMG-7281.jpg

Yotehntr

I don't use the curs as decoy dogs. They're way to rough, if I would let them they'd run a coyote down and bay it up.
I just sneak as quitely as possible into an area, tie the curs up behind or beside me. Call, I guess I probably call a little less than some folks? I call in short sequences and look around. I've had the dogs spot a coyote before I do, Dan (mnt cur) will bark (he's very intense) Roi (Black mouth cur) will normally just get very focused he'll bark if Dan starts. The place I normally use the dogs is if/when I have to do a running shot (wounded coyote) they don't get away. They've found coyote's that I would loose on my own. They don't stick with a dead coyote though, but if I see them (on the gps collars) go to the same spot and stay for a few min's that's usually where I'll find a dead one. To be honest the dogs don't help me get more coyote's. I've had them cost me coyotes that's why I tie 'em up now lol. In my 1st post the 2nd to last coyote I had given up the stand let the dogs go and stood up. I saw the coyote 185 yards away run into a gap in the cedars. He saw my dogs and had turned to run.
curs.jpg

coyote1a.jpg

storage-1.jpg

coyotea.jpg

Roi-Dan-BW.jpg

Story to explain this next pic, we'd hunted this place 5 or 6 wks earlier. My buddy shot one I let the dogs go. Roi grabbed the coyote and was shaking it and I saw another coyote turn and run. On the return trip we got that 2nd coyote but on the way in Roi paid his respects (pooped on it skeleton) lol
Coyote-3-2-19a.jpg

Latest posts