Sneak Peek at Bergara's new offerings

TNRifleman

That Ridge Carbon is priced right, could be a huge hit. I like the Crest, but would prefer carbon wrapped stainless over CrMo Cerakoted.
I have 5 of their carbon barreled rifles but have never been a carbon barrel fan for hunting as it always came across to me as a cosmetic gimmick but I think they have something with the CURE technology. I would imagine the Crest in a carbon fiber barrel option will come out later this year.

Last edited:

Red-Team-98

Unless its dead flush, I hate detachable mags. They bang into your side, they can be lost (fall out while hiking) and they can be forgotten at home. I do agree though that if you are driving up to a box blind and sitting there watching a field, a detachable mag may make more sense.
Highly suggest the HS Precision Detachable Mag kit used mine for about 5 years now in Alaska hunting work great and doesn't hinder carrying on Rem 700 and Christensen.

SSlater

Which rifle are you looking for and where are you looking?
Timber in 30-06. I saw one in Montana a couple years ago. I guess I should have bought it there.

Looking in East Tennessee. All we have here are tons of synthetic stocks in manbun calibers. They always tell me when they get a wood gun in a classic caliber, they sell immediately. That was the same scenario when I worked at SMGA at Knife Works.

Red-Team-98

I have 5 of their carbon barreled rifles but have never been a carbon barrel fan for hunting as it always came across to me as a cosmetic gimmick but I think they have something with the CURE technology. I would imagine the Crest in a carbon fiber barrel option will come out later this year.
I have had the Christensen Carbon rifle since 2016 a 338 Win. 3 things I really like about the rifle

Weight / Barrel Stiffness / cooler to touch after firing all these add to great accuracy and meat in my Alaska freezer.

Attachments

• 3B01C00B-A996-4626-9CBF-8E273EE65CFC.jpeg
    3B01C00B-A996-4626-9CBF-8E273EE65CFC.jpeg
    13.2 KB · Views: 49

TNRifleman

Timber in 30-06. I saw one in Montana a couple years ago. I guess I should have bought it there.

Looking in East Tennessee. All we have here are tons of synthetic stocks in manbun calibers. They always tell me when they get a wood gun in a classic caliber, they sell immediately. That was the same scenario when I worked at SMGA at Knife Works.
Dahlonega Armory online has it for $807 with no tax. Ships right to your FFL. That's the best price you'll find on it. Unfortunately local dealers do not stock much anymore and anything I buy now basically comes from an online dealer. Dahlonega is legit and a great dealer.

SSlater

Dahlonega Armory online has it for $807 with no tax. Ships right to your FFL. That's the best price you'll find on it. Unfortunately local dealers do not stock much anymore and anything I buy now basically comes from an online dealer. Dahlonega is legit and a great dealer.
Thanks, I can find them online no problem. Some things I just like buying local.

TNRifleman

Thanks, I can find them online no problem. Some things I just like buying local.
I understand for sure. I haven't seen a Timber in 30-06 on a store shelf for quite a while. I saw a 300 WM last week while on a duck hunt in AR and it had the best wood of any Timber I've ever seen. Store was right next to hotel and I went back next day to buy it and it was gone.

Bergara saw a big dip in wood stock rifle sales in 2019-2020. They discontinued one wood stock model and then outsold their wood stock rifle forecast by 1500% last year. The Timber is by far my favorite model.

SSlater

I understand for sure. I haven't seen a Timber in 30-06 on a store shelf for quite a while. I saw a 300 WM last week while on a duck hunt in AR and it had the best wood of any Timber I've ever seen. Store was right next to hotel and I went back next day to buy it and it was gone.

Bergara saw a big dip in wood stock rifle sales in 2019-2020. They discontinued one wood stock model and then outsold their wood stock rifle forecast by 1500% last year. The Timber is by far my favorite model.
I will get one eventually. The Montana stores seem to be stocked pretty well and I got to know several of them pretty well in my travels. I'd rather support them than a big outfit. I don't really need one but I'd like to have a backup for when I have the CZ restored. The Bergara is probably easier to find than nother CZ or Remington. Plus, the CZ and Bergara look good together in storage.

SSlater

That's more of a local dealer issue than a bergara issue. Your local should be able to get one and hold it for you. If he won't, might find a new dealer.
Local dealers around Knoxville seem to cater to the tactifool and weekend sniper/ ninja crowd. I need to call Benton Shooters supply and see what they have.

Jcalder

Local dealers around Knoxville seem to cater to the tactifool and weekend sniper/ ninja crowd. I need to call Benton Shooters supply and see what they have.
Honestly, it seems most dealers are catering to that crowd. It sucks honestly when as like you said, you wanted a wood stocked hunting rifle but the shelves are full of everything but. I personally prefer a synthetic stock, but the wood stocks are are more appealing.

SSlater

Honestly, it seems most dealers are catering to that crowd. It sucks honestly when as like you said, you wanted a wood stocked hunting rifle but the shelves are full of everything but. I personally prefer a synthetic stock, but the wood stocks are are more appealing.
I know the synthetic is more practical but I'm just old school. I like the stuff I admired when I was young. I guess it's like guys with muscle cars.

I just get agrivated when a place has 70rifles on the rack and they're all in 6.5 manbun.

TNRifleman

My big frustration with local dealers is you go in and they have nothing you're looking for but then they say " oh yeah I can get that for you". Then they quote a3 week lead times and 20% more than you can buy it for at a dealer online. I e just stopped looking locally and buy from smaller online dealers. In a lot of cases, if they are out of state, you save sales tax as well. Webb's in Dewitt AR was the first place I've seen in a while with any decent selection.
5F52B708-C040-435C-8519-CCD7C305DFB6.jpeg

Red-Team-98

The HS bottom metal is great but spendy at $350+. Does it work with the PRC cartridges or just standard short action.

Huge list of cal it fits and PRC is on the list .
HS also has military and law enforcement discounts when you call them or email them. Great company used their stocks for years.

Last edited:

Latest posts