Sneak Peek at Bergara's new offerings

TNRifleman

I thought you guys might enjoy a sneak peek at some of Bergara's new offerings that will be shipping to dealers this month. All three of these models will come in 6.5CM, 6.5PRC, .308 and 300WM for now. I am really hoping for 7 PRC in the future but we will see.

The Crest is a rifle that has been available in Europe for a while now and has finally transitioned over here and will have a steel barrel. The HMR is the rifle that almost everyone associates with Bergara and now they are taking it up a notch with a carbon barreled version that only weighs 7.5 lbs.. The Ridge Carbon at 6.4 lbs. will be an absolutely fantastic hunting rifle.
Crest Spec.png

HMR Carbon Spec.png

Ridge Carbon Spec.png

Last edited:

TNRifleman

Seems like Bergara is giving up on 7mag.
I think they are still a young company, growing really fast and need to put their production capabilities into the chamberings that are the most popular. Myself, I'd love to see more rifles chambered in traditional hunting cartridges like .270, 30-06, 7Mag, etc. but the reality is that they just don't sell well anymore.

Jcalder

I love that Ridge Carbon, but I have a question: Why the hinged floor plate? Why would anyone prefer that? Why not go exclusively to a detachable magazine?
My hinged floor plate don't kill my kidneys like the mag does on the approach. I do need to move to a side sling instead of the traditional tho.

TNRifleman

I love that Ridge Carbon, but I have a question: Why the hinged floor plate? Why would anyone prefer that? Why not go exclusively to a detachable magazine?
Unless its dead flush, I hate detachable mags. They bang into your side, they can be lost (fall out while hiking) and they can be forgotten at home. I do agree though that if you are driving up to a box blind and sitting there watching a field, a detachable mag may make more sense.

Spurhunter

Unless its dead flush, I hate detachable mags. They bang into your side, they can be lost (fall out while hiking) and they can be forgotten at home. I do agree though that if you are driving up to a box blind and sitting there watching a field, a detachable mag may make more sense.
I've never owned one that wasn't flush so maybe that's why I prefer them.

Rockhound

The flush ones work great. Unfortunately right now, there is no good magazine for a 6.5PRC that would sit flush as the cartridge is too fat.

The flush ones work great. Unfortunately right now, there is no good magazine for a 6.5PRC that would sit flush as the cartridge is too fat.
Not knocking bergara, but browning does it...

I had high hopes for a bergara 7 prc but if this 300 prc doesn't settle down, I'm going a different route.

SSlater

I think they are still a young company, growing really fast and need to put their production capabilities into the chamberings that are the most popular. Myself, I'd love to see more rifles chambered in traditional hunting cartridges like .270, 30-06, 7Mag, etc. but the reality is that they just don't sell well anymore.
Hard to sell something that's never in stock.

Talome13

That Ridge Carbon is priced right, could be a huge hit. I like the Crest, but would prefer carbon wrapped stainless over CrMo Cerakoted.

Latest posts