Single Pin Shooters

REM7

I feel your pain. I changed this year to single pin and WOW what a difference. I was amazed to the accuracy and range improvement. I have just 1 pin to focus on instead of 5 which allows better visability of the target. I have NO regrets at all about swapping. For me,the single pin improves me as a bow hunter by giving me more confidence in longer shots. Go to your bow shop and try an HHA single pin out, I bet you leave with it.

Radar

I love my Trohpy Ridge Pusuit single pin adjustable sight . I have been using single pin moveable sights for about 10 years now without any problems . I keep them locked down at 25 yards in wooded areas , or whenever close shots are likely .

W.Seay

REM7 said:
I feel your pain. I changed this year to single pin and WOW what a difference. I was amazed to the accuracy and range improvement. I have just 1 pin to focus on instead of 5 which allows better visability of the target. I have NO regrets at all about swapping. For me,the single pin improves me as a bow hunter by giving me more confidence in longer shots. Go to your bow shop and try an HHA single pin out, I bet you leave with it.

Yep! Dead on the $$!

bassinbrian

Okay, are you guys shooting super fast bows? I shoot a mission bow and about 284fps is what im at. Is this too slow for a single pin out to say 50yds?

deerjackie

Get a hha and make your own marks or use the tapes and detailed instructions no matter how fast or slow your bow is .btw,if your quiver interferes with the lock down on the slider leave it a tad loose so you can slide in the heat of the moment.Happy Hunting Always!!!!!

catman529

I have a fixed single pin and shoot out to 20 yards. At 10 yards, aim 2 inches low. I don't shoot out past 20 though. Bow isn't tuned, or arrows are too heavy or something, because it drops too much past 25 yards. But bow hunting is about getting closer to your prey isn't it?

bowriter

R.I.P.
I am a dinosaur. I don't want any pin that moves and use super glue to make sure that doesn't happen. The entire purpose of a single pin is to eliminate guessing. So, I want one pin that can't be moved to another yardage. I want one, clear bright pin that I just hold dead on, slightly high or slightly low. I don't shoot a peep, never have.

I love simplicity, especially when it is cheap.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Hard to get much simpler than this...and a great surprise!

P1010002-3.jpg

While I was getting the bow case out for this picture, I noticed anothr bow case I had forgotten about. Sure enough, it had a bow in it I had forgotten and it is setup just like this one, just waiting to be put on a plane.

bowriter

R.I.P.
So I get out the other case. It is the indestructible traveling case witgh all the stikers on it including one to RSA. The last trip was Quebec and on to Schefferville. Caribou.

The bow is in the lock. In this case, the bow sets on two small pedestals and it completely locked down. It can handle tremendous bad handling with no part of the bow being damaged. It is, in short, one tough case.

Also in the case was my hunting quiver. It holds three arrows and all three had 125-gr., Thunder Heads. The memory it brought to mind brought tears.

To just once more, shoot that bow, make that trip, relive those days. To think I had forgotten that case.

Maybe someday, because that bow and case are doing no good in my equipment room, I might put it up for sale. It is not high tech, maybe shoots 265. But it is fool proof, designed for the hunter who just wants to go kill something and not be fighting equipment or worrying about what Jim Bob's bow shoots.

Bow, case and arrows would not leave this house for less than $500. The case probably cost dang near that.

scn

bassinbrian said:
Okay, are you guys shooting super fast bows? I shoot a mission bow and about 284fps is what im at. Is this too slow for a single pin out to say 50yds?

If you are talking about a single fixed pin I suspect you would have some holdover issues at that speed. My bow is about the same speed, and 50 yds would be more than I would want to negociate with a fixed pin.

I'm in year 2 of a HHA single pin (slider) sight. with their instructions and tapes it was easy to get sighted in. I keep the pin set at 30 yds, and know where to hold from point blank to around 40 yds. From that point on I will use the slider for a dead on hold.

With aging eyes, the lack of clutter made a positive difference for me. I can't see myself going back to a multi-pin sight.

Poleaxe

W.Seay said:
Been using HHA adjustable sights for 6-7 years, it's the only way to go in my opinion!

Same here. Once u get your tape on for your yardages if u miss it isnt the bows fault.

HHA also makes 2,4, and 6 power lens' that go over the sight to magnify your target. Their about $90 for the 2inch sight and $80 for the smaller one. I love that magnification now. I use the 4x. Dont buy em without gettin a lens cover because thats to much $ to be spending on something and scratching it.

scn

Poleaxe said:
W.Seay said:
Been using HHA adjustable sights for 6-7 years, it's the only way to go in my opinion!

Same here. Once u get your tape on for your yardages if u miss it isnt the bows fault.

HHA also makes 2,4, and 6 power lens' that go over the sight to magnify your target. Their about $90 for the 2inch sight and $80 for the smaller one. I love that magnification now. I use the 4x. Dont buy em without gettin a lens cover because thats to much $ to be spending on something and scratching it.

Have you had any issues with the magnifier fogging up or with rain?

thetoolman

Been thinking about a single pin slider myself. Went to basspro last night just to check them out, compared the Trophy Ridge, Copper John, and HHA side by side just in the package and looks like I will be ordering up a HHA fairly soon. Tired of all the clutter when I am shooting past my first pin.

Latest posts