Silencing Whiskerbiscuit Tips?

TboneD

I'm shooting Gold Tip Velocities, and there's some noise on the draw. Armorall helped, but a little sliver of fabric Bandaid under the arrow absolutely silenced the draw. However, I realize this stiffening of the downward resistance and raising the arrow, as small an amount as it is, changes things. So I'd rather not use the Bandaid sliver if there's other options. Maybe all I need to do is adjust my sights and not worry about it, though. Any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

ADR

I'm sure someone has a better answer, but I tried everything I could think of to silence this. I wound up changing arrows and have no regrets.

Os2 Outdoors

Step 1 loosen bolt step 2 remove step 3 throw in trash lol.

In all honesty my best idea would be to use unscented oil an wipe down your hunting arrows.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

TheAirMan

If you gold tips are like the ones I had, it's the finish of the arrows. Only thing I know to do would be swap rest or arrows. Maybe someone else has a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LanceS4803

It has to be the surface texture on your arrows.
I'm shooting Beeman ICS Hunters and get no noise (just checked again).

TNDeerGuy

I've had this problem with every dropaway I've ever used that had felt or moleskin on it, until my current one and I have no problem with it getting buildup or noise. I can't tell you for sure what it is, but I'm sure it is a mixture of the finish on the arrow and microscopic buildup on the arrow—my rest would always have a buildup of what equates to belly-button lint on it that I could scrape off. This never happened on foam targets, but any type of bag or box that had a nylon covering on it, I would get it and the high pitched noise that went with it. I eventually quit fighting it and just dealt with it, as if a deer is close enough to hear it isn't gonna have something else more serious to worry about. ;)

What I did was scuff the surface of the arrow to remove the buildup and then use a homemade arrow lube that made the surface really slick and helped with removal and the noise. It still did it, but the intervals in between me cleaning and the noise returning was better.

TboneD

Guess I'll put a piece of bandaid back on it, and If I get a paper tear I'll probably try silicone spray. Thanks for the replies.

TboneD

Scratch the bandaid. Don't feel like rechecking my tuning.

I had already tried a Qtip, but evidently didn't get enough cotton in the biscuit. However, I was able to get off several shots before noticing any draw noise after roughing up a cotton ball with the whiskers. Guess once on stand I could use one to both check the wind and touch up my biscuit.

tsc

I shoot a TM rest without shrink tube, just bare prongs and I do the same as we use to with springie rests,put a stamp size pc of napkin between the rest and arrow. It is absolutely silent and has zero affect on arrow flight. You could do the same on a bisciut,just put the napkin over the slot and push it in and let it wrap around the arrow on the the way.

TboneD

tsc":3emqe2hc said:
I shoot a TM rest without shrink tube, just bare prongs and I do the same as we use to with springie rests,put a stamp size pc of napkin between the rest and arrow. It is absolutely silent and has zero affect on arrow flight. You could do the same on a bisciut,just put the napkin over the slot and push it in and let it wrap around the arrow on the the way.

Thanks, but I think the cotton ball is doing the trick and lasts several shots.

Latest posts