Shooting from blind tips?

LanceS4803

Practicing shooting from my ground blind in preparation for turkey season.
I shoot a 65lb bow and have no issues shooting dozens of arrows at a time standing, kneeling etc. BUT, sitting in an armless chair in the blind, I get to about 6 or 8, and I'm toast.
I have noticed that I sometimes raise my holding arm about 3-6" above horizontal during the draw stroke, where I don't do that sitting in the blind.
I've tried shooting with the bow to one side of my legs and inbetween my legs. No real difference in effort.

Any advice for drawing in tight confines?

UTGrad

One thing I do in a blind is I don't face the Windows directly. I face my chair towards a wall in the blind and have the Windows off to my left. That way when a Tom comes to my decoy out the window I'm in perfect position to shoot.

LanceS4803

Thanks
I originally had my seat facing at about 45 degrees. By putting it at 90, it more simulates standing.
It is surprising how much room you need in a blind when bowhunting as compared to rifle.

Buzzard Breath

A silently swiveling chair is worth its weight in gold for hunting out of a blind. You can face forward and not strain your neck. Then, swivel to 90 when the moment arrives.

LanceS4803

Buzzard Breath":36jvpid9 said:
A silently swiveling chair is worth its weight in gold for hunting out of a blind. You can face forward and not strain your neck. Then, swivel to 90 when the moment arrives.

Good idea.

UTGrad

LanceS4803":8djjnakk said:
Thanks
I originally had my seat facing at about 45 degrees. By putting it at 90, it more simulates standing.
It is surprising how much room you need in a blind when bowhunting as compared to rifle.

I set my stool at about 45 degrees from window. Not a full 90 degrees.

Latest posts