Should be a great elk season

tellico4x4

Congrats to all headed west next month chasing elk. Record moisture this year should result in phenomenal antler growth!
FB_IMG_1692367294332.jpg

Pic yesterday in WY. One hard horn & two shedding velvet.

AT Hiker

I was going to archery hunt antelope before my rifle tag opens but with all the green and water I suspect I'll be spending archery season scouting for them. What few are left I'm sure will be dispersed.

Hoping next month sometime we will be reading on here about a giant killed out of the Gila….

AT Hiker

Fingers are crossed, I'm heading to Montana in October. The extra green may hurt me though, because I have access to irrigated alfalfa fields. They might not be the draw that they are in dry years.
My SE Montana rancher friend and old me 3 weeks ago he had a huge herd in his neighbors hay meadows. He has never seen them there this time of year. Apparently grass hopper's aren't bad either.

megalomaniac

Leaving for DIY AK Moose in a month...

started training a few weeks ago, now up to 75 minutes on treadmill at 3.3 mph at 12%incline with 35lb pack on.... need to work up to 50lbs for at least 60 min, but feet are starting to hurt :) Never been this hungry in my entire life, burning around 900 calories per session.

JCDEERMAN

started training a few weeks ago, now up to 75 minutes on treadmill at 3.3 mph at 12%incline with 35lb pack on.... need to work up to 50lbs for at least 60 min, but feet are starting to hurt :) Never been this hungry in my entire life, burning around 900 calories per session.
So I'm not the only crazy one that does this 🤣.

Hope you get one - I remember your survey on the best meat. Moose will always be my #1. I'm positive it will be yours as well. Best of luck!

OldFussNFeathers

Leave for CO 9/7 for most of the month. Received my $800 slip of paper last week. Doesn't include the small game license and other "fees" just to get a points in a few different species. First time going out to hunt. Sighted my broadheads in this morning and will continue to shoot until then.

dgolden

I'll be headed to Colorado in October. Can't wait! Literally think about it every day!
Next year, I'm hoping to go to Montana for the first time. Dream scenario would be to hunt Colorado and Montana elk in the same year, but we'll see

dgolden

That's a workout! I'm doing 60 minutes, 3.3 mph, at 15% incline and it's kicking my butt

Mattt

S
It is killing me not going this year. Only the second year in 13+ years I haven't gone. I have one booked for next year though. Would normally be leaving in 2-3 week
Same here. Missed the last two years due to swapping/rebuilding farms. No more. I'm headed that way in a month. Oughta be fun I'm in the worst shape ofmy life lol

Latest posts