Shot Placement

agelessssone

I always go for a heart/lung shot with lungs favored, have heart shot bucks and had them run 100y or more, it's surprising how far a doe can push themselves with 2 broke shoulders, and I shoot a 300wm lol
Saw a buck that my brother shot run for 100+ yards with the bottom third of its heart shot off.
30-06, 165 Spitzer boattail HP.

UTGrad

I reload and shoot precision rifle year round so I like to shoot them directly in the heart. It's a smallish target so it's a challenge and obviously kills them very quickly. Also, heart shots are low and often have immediate blood on the ground. I've never had to track one though.

Lt.Dan

I reload and shoot precision rifle year round so I like to shoot them directly in the heart. It's a smallish target so it's a challenge and obviously kills them very quickly. Also, heart shots are low and often have immediate blood on the ground. I've never had to track one though.
Pickled heart is the best eating part of a deer for me. I call it deer Candy. 😋

Bell3wv

I am curious if anyone uses or aims for the high shoulder shot on the forum, and if so what your experience has been. I've used the behind the shoulder (double lung) for decades with the occasional center of the front shoulder shot only a few times depending on scenario with great success, but never intentionally aimed for a high shoulder (tip of upper front shoulder). Videos are impressive watching this shot but always curious on first hand experiences. Obviously this question is geared toward the rifle hunters out there and not archery. Thanks in advance!
If I'm public hunting with a rifle it'll drop them in their tracks.

Latest posts