High shot retrieval

30-06 type of guy

Going to back track lil bit to last week. I sit this same tree last Saturday morning. Shot a 7 point but I wasn't paying attention to detail and he had his front shoulder back. I went for heart and ended up hitting low leg on the duck and gave me no penetration to vitals. I was sick and bout ready to hang up bow season(Don't own a a muzzy). After yesterday's hunt and success at a different spot I found myself at midnight telling myself to go this morning. I had 3 smaller bucks come out before him. Did a little rattle sequence and not too much later he busted off the hillside cedars and the rest led my to my post earlier this morning. I literally shot him 5 steps from where I shot the 7 point last week. Gotta give @Ski his props cuz he was spot on. The deer made it 264yrds from my tree. So 229 yards from impact. Another solid 150+lber. 17" wide
IMG_4198.jpeg

Last edited:

Snake

Going to back track lil bit to last week. I sit this same tree last Saturday morning. Shot a 7 point but I wasn't paying attention to detail and he had his front shoulder back. I went for heart and ended up hitting low leg on the duck and gave me no penetration to vitals. I was sick and bout ready to hang up bow season(Don't own a a muzzy). After yesterday's hunt and success at a different spot I found myself at midnight telling myself to go this morning. I had 3 smaller bucks come out before him. Did a little rattle sequence and not too much later he busted off the hillside cedars and the rest led my to my post earlier this morning. I literally shot him 5 steps from where I shot the 7 point last week. Gotta give @Ski his props cuz he was spot on. The deer made it 264yrds from my tree. So 229 yards from impact. Another solid 150+lber. 17" wideView attachment 202690
Nice one brother congrats .