Shooting bench plans

Wiley

Just some friendly advice.........Cable reels (spools as y'all call them, but they're reels) always seem like a good idea but they don't last unless painted AND kept pretty dry. The layers of wood are stapled together with hundreds or thousands of heavy gauge staples.....think fence staples. When they rot, in about 3 or 4 years and you try to dispose of them you'll have these staples all over the place. I've been working with cable reels since 1976 and have used them for lots of things but only for a year or so.

peytoncreekhunter

I want to build a shooting bench for the #sfmafia headquarters.
I have looked around a little for some plans but I ain't paying $50 for a set.
Just wondering if anyone has any or know where to get some?

I am going to use treated lumber and when done I am going to figure a way to put some wheels on one side of it so it can be moved around when needed.
Probably make it for both right and left handed shooters.

I made this one from 1 end of a foldable saw-horse and a piece of plywood. I just kinda eyeballed the pattern. It works just fine. But you may be wanting something more permanent.
Shooting Bench (1).jpg
Shooting Bench (2).jpg

MUP

Best thing since sliced bread. No picnic table multiple seat for me personally. It makes you feel like your shooting off a moving table. An elbow put down on a wood bench moves the scope a lot.
And how! It's so aggravating to be ready to squeeze the shot off and your buddy on the other side of the table just takes a deep breath even! I move enough on my own without having to be on edge trying to shoot when the other end of the table moves unexpectedly. Single table for sure, or take turns shooting, alternating and being careful to not move while the other shooter is engaged for their shot.

DaveB

You gonna need a big mule to transport it.

I wonder how many benches I have sat at. Concrete remains my favorite since you cannot get splinters, won't move under recoil, simple stuff.

That price changed my mind.

Keep the thread active as you build the bench.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
You gonna need a big mule to transport it.

I wonder how many benches I have sat at. Concrete remains my favorite since you cannot get splinters, won't move under recoil, simple stuff.

That price changed my mind.

Keep the thread active as you build the bench.
Will do!

Latest posts