First cz 457 shooting

cecil30-30

Got my 457 out today for the first time today. Ended up putting a burris droptine 3x9x40 22lr rimfire scope on it. For the price I'm real happy with it. The scope was very responsive with each adjustment I made.i took 7 shots to get it semi dialed in on the 3inch shoot n see target. Then I shot a 5 shot group of each ammo I had. I made no adjustments between each group. All shots at 50 yds.

Aguila 40gr solid high velocity
Aguila 38 gr HP
Cci standard velocity 40gr solid
Winchester super x 40gr power point

20230909_152051.jpg

It's clear this rifle.is going to shoot better than I can hold it, I was shooting off my picnic table. Used a folded up towel on top of a cinder block for a rest. I really liked how quiet the cci standard velocity was and figured that it didn't shoot to bad. But I liked the Aguila 40 gr. So I shot another group with the cci. Put 10 rounds in this target. And the 2 targets on the left is the Aguila 40gr solids 5 shots each. The bottom left was with no adjustments. Gave the scope 8 clicks up and 6 to the right and shot another 5 shot group. Im going to stick with this load for now. Atleast until I get a proper shooting rest. I've ordered some sk standard rounds to try. The Aguila 40 gr seemed to be the most consistent.
20230909_155720.jpg
20230909_155647.jpg

david k.

I have the 455 with a Burris scope and when I first bought it I tried several cartridges just to see...like yours, it shoots everything good but I was happy to discover that it actually shot lights out with the bulk pack Federal cartridges.

Tenntrapper

You "should" see an improvement with the SK Standard plus. You should also try some Norma Tac 22.
I can't tell from the pics what your group sizes are, but that rifle should be shooting closer to 1/2"...or better.

cecil30-30

You "should" see an improvement with the SK Standard plus. You should also try some Norma Tac 22.
I can't tell from the pics what your group sizes are, but that rifle should be shooting closer to 1/2"...or better.
I didnt measure any. Those targets are 3 inch. I ordered a better sand bag rest. So I'll try it again when that gets here.

tomturkey

Cecil bring your CZ down to Macon County and shoot our ARA factory match. It's a lot of fun. My wife and I shoot the unlimited match. The CZ 457 seem to rule the roost in factory. Check out the ARA web site for rules and equipment. Would love to have you shoot with us.

Latest posts