Shed Hunting Contest

catman529

Seems the idea took off among a few of us in my other thread, so to avoid that thread getting huge here is a new one...

Edit - updated rules

Start date: February 11, 2013
End date: May 13, 2013

Categories:

- Highest scoring shed
- Total number of sheds
- Smallest shed

Rules:

- Sheds only - no skulls or broken-off antlers
- Dogs are allowed
- Measure using B&C system here.
- Must post pic of each shed (something for size reference will help in confirming size/score)

Tennessee only? I think a contest on a TN website should be limited to TN sheds. Let me know if there is a problem with this. I just don't want someone to come in from say Ohio where sheds are huge and plentiful.

Prizes - as of now, bragging rights. Unless someone wants to throw something in for a prize.

Please let me know of any suggestions

nate17

like i said.. keep it simple...

a shed is a shed is a shed is a shed

dont matter where u find em or how u get em, let the time limit run thru the end of turkey season since some people like to shed hunt while they turkey hunt.

Hollar Hunter

No to skulls cause their not sheds.
Any shed counts
Dogs are going to have to count cause Nate and I both will have are dogs always
End of turkey season or whenever be fine with me cause ill quit when the rattlers and copperheads come out cause i ain't getting my dog bit and were covered up with them things!

catman529

All right ill update the original post with the rules. End of turkey season sounds good, I did find a nice shed last ear while turkey hunting mid to late season.

Dang dogs.

If a dog finds a shed that wins then the prize is a dog treat :D

catman529

Master Chief said:
Catman-you want me to start a sign up list that can be stickied?
I was gonna do that as soon as we all agree on the rules... Its up to the mods if thy want to sticky it.

nate17

all of my sheds wont be from tn...but ill be glad to lie to you and tell you they were if that will make u feel better.

catman529

We should clear the out of state issue first otherwise I won't be able to edit the post once sign up is finished.

How about this - contest starts now, sign up starts now and ends on Feb 28. The sooner you sign up the better and you can't just sign up later after you pick up a 70 inch shed.

Also how about a biggest matching set category?

nate17

Heres a little motivational pic for u guys...

and here is my shed dog.. better watch out!!

2013-02-10_13-30-50_436_zps0993c342.jpg

2013-02-09_08-38-50_560_zps739dfc1b.jpg

catman529

After thinking about it, most people on this site are or were from TN and there wouldn't be much a problem with someone from Saskatchewan coming on here and posting monster sheds.... let's allow out of state for those who won't be in TN during shed season.

any other notes? I can go start a new thread soon for sign up and will post the "official" rules on that thread. Anyone in favor of a biggest matching set category? Or just keep it to single sheds?

catman529

Sounds good.

One last thing... prize... are we just gonna say bragging rights? Or does someone want to throw something in for a prize.

Latest posts