Shed Hunting Contest

nate17

LOL!!! Im gonna shock the world... didnt u know that wiener dogs are actually the best possible breed for shed hunting.

1. they are so close to the ground they dont have to worry about swirling winds

2. they are so small, they can easily navigate the nastiest thickets

3. If you happen to run into a squatch... u dont have to worry about ur dog out running u

Hollar Hunter

Master Chief said:
Have a single largest, most, and largest matched set. That will be fair.

Yep! out of state is cool to...we don't have to worry about Nate he thankfully trained his own dog!

8D57EB7C-A7EF-455F-85DF-DBC9B6C0A213-414-0000008CC388488C_zpsc2b7adad.jpg
[/img]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Hollar Hunter

nate17 said:
LOL!!! Im gonna shock the world... didnt u know that wiener dogs are actually the best possible breed for shed hunting.

1. they are so close to the ground they dont have to worry about swirling winds

2. they are so small, they can easily navigate the nastiest thickets

3. If you happen to run into a squatch... u dont have to worry about ur dog out running u

LOL

TN Larry

To clear the out of state issue, you could have a biggest from anywhere including TN and biggest TN only. The other two categories shouldn't matter. Just a thought because I'm not a shed hunter.

Hollar Hunter

catman529 said:
So are there any other suggestions or comments before I start an official thread?

Start feb 22 waiting to the last day of feb is to late. I found my first matching set last year around the end of the 3rd week. That'll give more than enough time to sign up still.,.

catman529

TN Larry said:
To clear the out of state issue, you could have a biggest from anywhere including TN and biggest TN only. The other two categories shouldn't matter. Just a thought because I'm not a shed hunter.
Not a bad idea... I do think there should be a category for most sheds, biggest set, and yes, smallest shed... it takes good eyes to find a small spike!

catman529

Hollar Hunter said:
catman529 said:
So are there any other suggestions or comments before I start an official thread?

Start feb 22 waiting to the last day of feb is to late. I found my first matching set last year around the end of the 3rd week. That'll give more than enough time to sign up still.,.
You mean end the sign up and start the contest on the 22nd? I am fine with ending sign up sooner, but would rather have the contest start even sooner just because some good sheds may be found sooner. My first sheds I ever found (matching set) were found in January 2010.

catman529

All right let's see if this looks good ....

categories:
-biggest shed
-smallest shed
-biggest matching set
-most # of sheds

rules:
-score using B&C (will provide link and instructions)
-dogs allowed
-post pic of each shed and use something for size reference in the pic
-sheds only, no skulls or broken off antlers
-out of state is allowed
-no sheds that were found prior to sign-up

contest dates:

signup and contest begins Feb 11
signup closes Feb 24
contest closes May 12

prizes:

Bragging rights

Am I missing anything?

Hollar Hunter

Why smallest? Seems silly but maybe that's the point. Than we should end the sign up next Friday start the tourney on Saturday. That'll give whoever 5 days to see this thread. If they haven't by than that's their fault they should be on Tndeer more like the rest of us junkies..,

catman529

Hollar Hunter said:
Why smallest? Seems silly but maybe that's the point. Than we should end the sign up next Friday start the tourney on Saturday. That'll give whoever 5 days to see this thread. If they haven't by than that's their fault they should be on Tndeer more like the rest of us junkies..,
maybe give a full week to sign up. You think it's better to not open the contest until sign up is over?

catman529

Ok I think I will go ahead and start sign up shortly. Can yall double check my above post with all the rules and such and make sure I am not missing anything? How about we start sign up now and start contest on Saturday since that is the weekend and most hunting seasons open on a saturday.

TN Larry

catman529 said:
TN Larry said:
Not a bad idea... I do think there should be a category for most sheds, biggest set, and yes, smallest shed... it takes good eyes to find a small spike!
I meant that the other two categories shouldn't matter which state they come from. I didn't mean to do away with them.

catman529

TN Larry said:
catman529 said:
TN Larry said:
I meant that the other two categories shouldn't matter which state not take them out.
its all good, I decided to just forget about which state and say it's open to any state.... whitetail only, of course, I gotta mention that. See my above post with the rules, categories, dates, etc. The official post will look similar to that.

catman529

rem270 said:
You wont let a Ky shed in it catman? I hardly ever find any anyways lol
I think we have all agreed now to allow out of state sheds. But whitetail only in case there is someone over in mule deer or blacktail country, which I doubt.

Latest posts