Second Wind

richmanbarbeque

The last few mornings I have started catching a "second wind". I haven't felt like I have been in a groove this season and have passed on deer maybe I shouldn't have and not been as aggressive. The weather is turning and I am starting to get fired up. Stands still need to be tweeked and areas need to be re-scouted BUT....... it can wait.

Time to strap the climber on my back and get it on!!!!!

I need to do a little shooting this evening and get my gear packed for a "run and gun" style of hunting. Saturday I may do an all day hunt and hunt 3 different spots. This will include a morning sit a mid-day sit and then the evening sit. It will be a little grueling but if the results is what I am after then I need to take it up a notch.

Radar

Game on ! Let's go . I'm the opposite this year . I'm taking my hunting more serious , and hunting new stands and areas I have never hunted .
I have been practicing more than ever , trying new setups , etc.

JayMc

I'm fired up myself. I'm recovered from my Disney induced October lull. I plan to hunt Friday morning, but it doesn't look good for me to get out until then.

My season started off right :D

WY10PT.JPG

bobthebowhunter

I have had some experiances this year that would have normally gotten me down, but this year I am being much more patient than ever before. I am staying on stand longer and haveing more confidence in my setups.

I won't be able to make it out much this year due to the fact that I started a new job in July and haven't accumulated much vaca time. I will be making the best of the week ends that I get to go. At least I don't have to work Sat. like I did in my old job.

This latest cold snap has got me as motivated as I have been this year. I will be hunting very hard this coming weekend anticipating nothing more than an enjoyable weekend in the timber. Good luck to yall. Good looking deer JayMc. You got that one out west didn't you?

LCU

I hope to kill 2 with a ML this weekend.
Then I will be confident, I can take 3 more to hit my freezer goal.
Hit the goal,and bow hunt the rest of the season.
Try and take a big buck with my bow is my goal this year.
I have yet to make a bow kill on a large Whitetail.
Large to me.

eddie c

I am having a better year than expected. I have cut back on my hunting trips due to gas prices, helping my girl with expenses at college, 2 family reunions on the weekend and have still managed to drop the string on 2 deer and missed one turkey. and season has just gotten a good start.

pjridge

JayMc said:
I'm fired up myself. I'm recovered from my Disney induced October lull. I plan to hunt Friday morning, but it doesn't look good for me to get out until then.

My season started off right :D

WY10PT.JPG

That's a very nice buck Jaymc.

Congrats!

BowGuy84

Im gearing back up as well...Im stricktly scounting fort knox today. Then scouting/hunting tomorrow evening then two all day hunts sat and sunday. Ive got 4 down with a bow so far, but havent been hunting too hard the last 3 weeks. Waiting for November and things to really start rolling.

Radar

I have a few weeks vacation from work starting Friday , so I'll finally be able to spend more time in the woods . I won't miss the overtime at work .

richmanbarbeque

it's going to be a good weekend. Radar and myself will be hunting together this weekend. This morning we will hunt some private property that is a good place to kill some deer. This afternoon and in the morning we will be hunting my property. It is only 59 acres but I think the surrounding properties will push deer on to us. I believe something will fall this weekend.

Toxophilite Phil

Haven't had a lot of time to do much hunting. 2 jobs, coaching a little league football team, moving my daughter to Knoxville doesn't leave a lot of time to get in the woods. Somehow I have managed to put meat in the freezer. I have the next 2 weeks off as well, and I am heading to Ohio in the morning. Then when I come back home I'll be hunting almost everyday.

Latest posts