Changing Releases in the Wind

UTGrad

Tried to shoot my hinge today in the wind and it was a nightmare :D My pin float was all over the place and couldn't time the release.

Anyone switch to a release they can "punch" in the wind?

bowhunter163

I always shoot a hinge , you think your pin float was bad with your hunting bow . You should try it with a long stabilizer set up target bow . Not fun . But you aren't supposed to watch your float ;) keep your focus on the dot .

UTGrad

bowhunter163 said:
I always shoot a hinge , you think your pin float was bad with your hunting bow . You should try it with a long stabilizer set up target bow . Not fun . But you aren't supposed to watch your float ;) keep your focus on the dot .

The best in the world hinge shooters will often switch to a thumb trigger during high wind.

I don't watch my pin float but how can you not when the wind is blowing your set up around like a sail.

bowhunter163

UTGrad said:
bowhunter163 said:

The best in the world hinge shooters will often switch to a thumb trigger during high wind.

I don't watch my pin float but how can you not when the wind is blowing your set up around like a sail.
ok I give up

UTGrad

So you've been shooting a hinge how long?

Why do you give up? Are you trying to say I don't know what I'm talking about?

Have fun with your hinge on windy days in tournaments...you'll get eaten for lunch.

bowhunter163

I said I give up so that I could avoid replying to your post and receive one of your notorious keyboard commando know-it-all replies . But since that has already happened here ya go .

I've been shooting a hinge exclusively for about a little less than a year . I started shooting a hinge a fe years ago , so around 1/4 of your archery career . Your original post should have stated that a few of the best shooters in the world will switch to a thumb trigger in the wind , because most of them still shoot a hinge . I will be sure to call Elite and tell them to take Levi's contract away because if its windy this guy named UTgrad is going to eat his lunch via punching the trigger in the wind .

Unlike some I have been on this site for 7 seasons now and have never got into an argument with anyone , if I disagree I usually keep to myself about it . But sometimes I wonder why you ask questions on here so much when you obviously don't want an answer , because you always argue with that persons answers .

Don't get it twisted , sure I just started shooting big 3-d shoots this year . I have been shooting indoor spots etc.. for a few years and been shooting a bow for 14 years . I am not trying to argue with you anymore and I'm done after this post , but do me a favor and before you ask a question about anything on here anymore . Try not to disagree with everyone who gives you an answer .

I know you have picked up alot over the last few years and you are a really smart guy . You read alot which is a really good way to learn ,but just because you read something on archerytalk doesn't make you the "bow master "

That is all , everyone go about your business .

UTGrad

I can pull a bunch of videos of hinge shooters shooting with thumb releases at windy venues...just don't really want to waste my time anymore.

FYI Levi Morgan is not the ONLY archer in the world.

bowhunter163

TNDeerGuy said:
UTGrad said:
Reo and Roger...both hinge shooters with the thumb releases in Turkey. Note the wind...always windy at this venue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGbOvpEskYU

Neither one of them were punching the trigger either...both were still applying tension and using absolute360's.
just give up , he wins :) and he stops arguing and we win too .

TNDeerGuy

deerhunter10

I cant switched releases just like that. so if you can more power to you. I would do whatever is more comfortable and what you have more confidence in. not what the pros do on windy days.

Latest posts