SEC teams could forfeit games if COVID comes into play

Mescalero

Well, it's everyone's decision. I got vaccinated over two months ago. Same for my teenage kids. None of us are craving human flesh or having heart issues. I'm turning 60 and added to my workout routine yesterday - Superman routines and a 30 lb dumbbell into my backpack and did two miles on the cross trainer yesterday. And my heart didn't explode! Imagine that.

But I went to the doctor two weeks ago for a regular exam at 9:30am and for the first time in my life my BP was border line high!!!!!

Because I had a third cup of coffee that morning!

Do you drink coffee or soda? Smoke? Overweight? What's your BMI? Worry about that and address it.

BamaProud

I was
I swear if college football and my fall is ruined because if this imma be pissed

I was saying it last Summer and I'll say it again now. There will be football (as well as all other sports) played this year. I'm not sure the Olympics will be completely played though.

There is no data that suggests COVID is spread regularly on the field/court/baseball diamond etc... nor among spectators at the events.

cbhunter

Well, it's everyone's decision. I got vaccinated over two months ago. Same for my teenage kids. None of us are craving human flesh or having heart issues. I'm turning 60 and added to my workout routine yesterday - Superman routines and a 30 lb dumbbell into my backpack and did two miles on the cross trainer yesterday. And my heart didn't explode! Imagine that.

But I went to the doctor two weeks ago for a regular exam at 9:30am and for the first time in my life my BP was border line high!!!!!

Because I had a third cup of coffee that morning!

Do you drink coffee or soda? Smoke? Overweight? What's your BMI? Worry about that and address it.
I respect your decision and expect you to respect mine

PillsburyDoughboy

I respect your decision and expect you to respect mine
This right here.

What I don't get about the whole "Get Vaccinated or else" from sleepy Joe and his band of warriors is that there has never been a single medicine on the market ever that was produced that was a one size fits all . But within a span of about 6 months they come up with some sort of witches brew and suddenly everyone is brain washed into taking it and being Guinea pigs?

So as Cbhunter said. Respect my decision and Ill respect yours.

As to the SEC games and Covid? I think its BS. These Athletes are super young and with their training regiment are in top health. They will bounce back from a case of covid with days and most likely show very few symptoms. Some may not even know they have it unless diagnosis. Heck Nick Saban had it and bounced back in less than a week and he was in his 70's.

Roll Tide

Mescalero

This right here.

What I don't get about the whole "Get Vaccinated or else" from sleepy Joe and his band of warriors is that there has never been a single medicine on the market ever that was produced that was a one size fits all . But within a span of about 6 months they come up with some sort of witches brew and suddenly everyone is brain washed into taking it and being Guinea pigs?

So as Cbhunter said. Respect my decision and Ill respect yours.

As to the SEC games and Covid? I think its BS. These Athletes are super young and with their training regiment are in top health. They will bounce back from a case of covid with days and most likely show very few symptoms. Some may not even know they have it unless diagnosis. Heck Nick Saban had it and bounced back in less than a week and he was in his 70's.

Roll Tide
I do respect your's and cbhunter's decisions. If only you could respect mine instead of calling me "brain washed."

In answer to your question of how could "they" come up with vaccines so quickly? Since the initial SARS and MERS epidemics in the first decade of the 2000s, there has been a lot (and I mean a lot) of research going on to develop vaccines for coronaviruses. They didn't just start in 2020. They were already very close before the global pandemic hit. Second, give Trump some credit. He removed the FDA red tape, assured the pharma companies a profit, and provided further incentives to accelerate the development of vaccines.

Between those in TN who got Covid-19 and those who have now been fully vaccinated, approximately 50% of Tennesseans have some degree or full immunity. Apparently, 70% of the population is required to have herd immunity.

PillsburyDoughboy

I do respect your's and cbhunter's decisions. If only you could respect mine instead of calling me "brain washed."

In answer to your question of how could "they" come up with vaccines so quickly? Since the initial SARS and MERS epidemics in the first decade of the 2000s, there has been a lot (and I mean a lot) of research going on to develop vaccines for coronaviruses. They didn't just start in 2020. They were already very close before the global pandemic hit. Second, give Trump some credit. He removed the FDA red tape, assured the pharma companies a profit, and provided further incentives to accelerate the development of vaccines.

Between those in TN who got Covid-19 and those who have now been fully vaccinated, approximately 50% of Tennesseans have some degree or full immunity. Apparently, 70% of the population is required to have herd immunity.
I honestly think that herd immunity is working. Before the vaccination came along we were tailing off on the virus. Numbers were significantly dropping. And it seems people with the vaccination are still getting the virus. So not sure its working like it should. Maybe just some commonsense wash your hands and social distancing protocols are still the best avenue . Ive still not gone into large crowds,,not shook hands and kept distances at supermarkets and such. Keeping safe.

Mescalero

Unless your kids have serious health issues why in the hell would you let them get vaccinated? Healthy teenagers have a greater chance of dying in a plane crash while being struck by lightening simultaneously!
Pediatrician, endocrinologist, and neurologist recommended. I guess I should have instead consulted TNDEER and Dr Spurhunter.

Mescalero

"Unless your kids have serious health issues"
Where did you get your medical degree? The Internet College of Medicine? I don't take medical advice or parenting advice from anyone on the internet. I said up front it's everyone's own decision and I respect your's and expect you to respect mine. But then I'm called "brain washed" by someone who I'm fairly certain in a battle of minds against me is unarmed. And then you, Mr epidemeologist expert, call into question my parenting without any basis to know what you are talking about when it comes to coronaviruses or me or me as a parent.

It's not only death. Some got Covid-19 and didn't know it. Some died. Some just had a bad flu. Some have long-term lung damage or neurological issues. My niece is an ICU cardiac care RN at the Medical College of Virginia and most of the Covid patients she now sees to intubate and place on respirators are in the 18-30 year range.

And what is a serious health issue to you Dr. Spurhunter? I know what my children's are and what they aren't. What is your waist size? What is the waist size of your children. That's not my children's serious health issue, but it is for probably the vast majority on TNDeer and it absolutely is for the vast majority of teenagers and Americans.

Spurhunter

Where did you get your medical degree? The Internet College of Medicine? I don't take medical advice or parenting advice from anyone on the internet. I said up front it's everyone's own decision and I respect your's and expect you to respect mine. But then I'm called "brain washed" by someone who I'm fairly certain in a battle of minds against me is unarmed. And then you, Mr epidemeologist expert, call into question my parenting without any basis to know what you are talking about when it comes to coronaviruses or me or me as a parent.

It's not only death. Some got Covid-19 and didn't know it. Some died. Some just had a bad flu. Some have long-term lung damage or neurological issues. My niece is an ICU cardiac care RN at the Medical College of Virginia and most of the Covid patients she now sees to intubate and place on respirators are in the 18-30 year range.

And what is a serious health issue to you Dr. Spurhunter? I know what my children's are and what they aren't. What is your waist size? What is the waist size of your children. That's not my children's serious health issue, but it is for probably the vast majority on TNDeer and it absolutely is for the vast majority of teenagers and Americans.
I never claimed to be a doctor, but you don't have to be a doctor to look at data. HEALTHY teenagers don't die from covid. If you had read the first 7 words of my post we could've avoided all this fussing. It's none of my business and I shouldn't have asked the question. My apologies for sticking my nose where it didn't belong.

Mescalero

I never claimed to be a doctor, but you don't have to be a doctor to look at data. HEALTHY teenagers don't die from covid. If you had read the first 7 words of my post we could've avoided all this fussing. It's none of my business and I shouldn't have asked the question. My apologies for sticking my nose where it didn't belong.
No apology necessary from you. But I apologize too for getting my panties in a wad. We are just trying to do the best we can.

The person who owes an apology is good ole Bama boy who did what he always does. Drops the big stink bomb and tip toes away while leaving everyone arguing over who's turd that is in the corner. "Roll Tide."

Spurhunter

No apology necessary from you. But I apologize too for getting my panties in a wad. We are just trying to do the best we can.

The person who owes an apology is good ole Bama boy who did what he always does. Drops the big stink bomb and tip toes away while leaving everyone arguing over who's turd that is in the corner. "Roll Tide."
There was an apology neccessary and you had a right to get angry. Nobody likes having their parenting questioned by someone with no clue about the situation. I would've done the same thing.

Rakkin6

Everybody determines their own level of participation. I am not getting the shot, my age group has about a 0.5-0.8% chance of fatality. Most of those deaths had underlying health conditions. Plus when I retired from the Army last year I tested positive for the antibodies meaning I had it but did not even get a cough. I have no underlying health conditions, not obese and do cardio every morning six days for no less than 30 minutes or maybe two hours either running, rucking, cycling and I lift every evening six days a week. I feel that under these circumstances plus the fact that I don't like most people since they are window lickers and I stay away from them anyways I will take my chances. Now if you want the shot (because it's not a vaccine just like the flu shot is not a vaccine) then get it and if it works good for you or if you already have gotten the shot good for you has I said everybody determines their own level of participation, I on the other hand will wait a few years and see if there are side effects and or improvements. I let the Army shoot me up with so much stuff it's ridiculous. For those of you who served in Iraq or Afghanistan remember the anti malaria drugs Doxy and Mefloquine. That stuff messed me up and me and my entire ODA just quit taking it due to crazy nightmares, sleep walking all kinds of weird stuff. So I will just wait and see what happens Best of luck to everyone stay safe and it is time to start scouting for deer season.

Latest posts