7 teams 4 playoff spots.

THEdonkey0515

Who gets with only the championship week left?

UGA, Michigan, Texas, FSU, Bama, Oregon, Washington, . Still all have shots at playoff spots.

Michigan is a lock in my mind 12-0, and they will roll Iowa in the big 10 chip game.

Oregon/Washington one is a lock, they play each other the winner gets a playoff spot the loser walks.

So two spots left..... FSU only has Louisville standing in the way! A win is a automatic 100% playoff spot 13-0.

Texas rolled Texas tech by 50 this week, gonna be hard to keep them out with a big 12 championship.

Then bama vs UGA, with a UGA win they are 100% in 13-0. With a Bama win it throws a big money wrench into it.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Michigan
Georgia
Oregon
FSU

If Bama beats GA then the committee will put them in even though I think it should be Texas or Ohio St.

THEdonkey0515

Michigan
Georgia
Oregon
FSU

If Bama beats GA then the committee will put them in even though I think it should be Texas or Ohio St.
Yeah that's the monkey wrench I was thinking of.

Michigan is all but a lock
I also think Oregon beats Washington for spot #2

If FSU goes 13-0 they are a lock.

So how do they but a 12-1 bama team in with a conference chip over a 12-1 Texas team with a conference chip? Texas has been ranked ahead of bama for weeks has the head to head win and just rolled there week 12 opponent by 50. So I could see some really pissed off Texas fans if that happens.

Last edited:

BamaProud

So how do they but a 12-1 bama team in with a conference chip over a 12-1 Texas team with a conference chip? Texas has been ranked ahead of bama for weeks has the head to head win and just rolled there week 12 opponent by 50. So I could see some really passed off Texas fans if that happens.

No doubt. Alabama would really have to put on a clinic against GA to get in. It would suck to see the SEC left out.

tree_ghost

I foresee a total chitshow for the committee to sort through in a couple weeks. This could be the most difficult 4 teams they've had to pick in a long long time

THEdonkey0515

No doubt. Alabama would really have to put on a clinic against GA to get in. It would suck to see the SEC left out.
So weird to think they would leave a 12-1 SEC conference champ out If Bama was to win in a close game.

But if Texas coming off a 50 point W, with A head to head win against the SEC champ In their pocket goes out and wins the big 12 by a couple TDS not sure how they get left out

PalsPal

So weird to think they would leave a 12-1 SEC conference champ out If Bama was to win in a close game.

Weird maybe, but justified. The SEC is down this year, and there's really no argument.

BTW, you left Ohio St off of your list. They would have an argument also.

But, there's no way the SEC powers want to risk it, so Bama will finally be on the bad side of the refs, and the ensuing lamenting will be hilarious.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
I just hate to see FSU get in. If their QB hadn't of gotten hurt it's one thing, but with this backup they will do nothing in the playoffs except take a spot from a more deserving team.

THEdonkey0515

Weird maybe, but justified. The SEC is down this year, and there's really no argument.

BTW, you left Ohio St off of your list. They would have an argument also.

But, there's no way the SEC powers want to risk it, so Bama will finally be on the bad side of the refs, and the ensuing lamenting will be hilarious.
Ohio st won't even have a shot at a conference chip find it hard to believe they have a better shot then the 7 teams that do.

I'm thinking 4 conference Champs get in.

Sec.....UGA or Bama
Big 10......Michigan
Big 12.....Texas
Acc......FSU
Pac 12......Oregon or Washington

But which 4.

Would they even put a 11-1 Ohio st over a 12-1 UGA or 12-1 Washington I Would't think so? You would he punishing UGA/Washington for playing top 7 teams in a Chip game while Ohio st set at home.

Last edited:

JBell

Things tend to sort themselves out. No doubt bama has to take care of buisness if they want in. But Louisville could easily change the landscape. I was a little less impressed with the Michigan and Ohio state game than I expected to be. They both just seemed slightly above average. Honestly, and I'm a bama fan, texas and Oregon seem to be the most consistent. But I think sec champ and Michigan should get the other 2 spots

Gravey

Sat down to watch SEC Football Final while waiting on my wife to leave for church and this popped up. Bama has a chance although slim at this point. If they were to beat Georgia and the SEC champ not get in how weird would that be?
IMG_5415.jpeg

JBell

If bama beats Georgia in the championship, they are in. No one will have a better win on record. It may be the 4th spot. But winner of sec championship is in

prstide

But if Texas coming off a 50 point W, with A head to head win against the SEC champ In their pocket goes out and wins the big 12 by a couple TDS not sure how they get left out
That's why they need to use strength of schedule as a determining factor and the committee wouldn't have backed themselves into such a corner.
This committee has a participation trophy mindset.

prstide

Sat down to watch SEC Football Final while waiting on my wife to leave for church and this popped up. Bama has a chance although slim at this point. If they were to beat Georgia and the SEC champ not get in how weird would that be?
View attachment 204933
The national sports media would champion those happenings and celebrate what juggernauts there are in the PAC-4/Big10. They want nothing more than to find a way to keep the SEC out of the playoffs—why?—because the top-tier of the SEC dominates all these pillowfighting conferences just about every year.

Same reason NIL exists and the reason they'll continue to expand the playoff.

THEdonkey0515

If Bama beats UGA in a close one
1-Michigan
2-UGA
3-Washington
4-Bama

I don't think FSU has a shot even if they beat Louisville
I just don't see how you keep a 13-0 conference champ out? That would have a wins over top a 14 LSU, and a top 25 Louisville team

THEdonkey0515

If bama beats Georgia in the championship, they are in. No one will have a better win on record. It may be the 4th spot. But winner of sec championship is in
no one would have a better win but you may have mutiple undefeated teams (FSU, Michigan and Washington could all be 13-0)

And a texas team with the same record and a conference chip, that beat Bama head to head. Texas has a better strength of schedule also. So not sure how you justify butting bama in over them?

So someone getting screwed in that scenario lol

Last edited:

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled

So how do they but a 12-1 bama team in with a conference chip over a 12-1 Texas team with a conference chip? Texas has been ranked ahead of bama for weeks has the head to head win and just rolled there week 12 opponent by 50. So I could see some really passed off Texas fans if that happens.
How do they pick Alabama? That's super easy, it's Alabama and it's football. Alabama has played great football this year no doubt. This just shows the incredible subjectivity of football and its champions. It's better now than when there was no playoff, but it's still subjective and it's only one game and you're out.
You could legitimately have a one loss team be THE BEST team in the country that doesn't get in the playoffs because of that loss. That loss does not meant they are not the best team, just that they lost a game. A 12-0 team from the SEC does not equal the best team in the country. We could use all the metrics available and still not end up with the best team because it's all subjectively voted on. Having a four team playoff is way better than the coaches and AP polls deciding the No.1 team, but at the end of the day it's still subjective. I believe an 8 team playoff would be even better than a four team.

Latest posts