7 teams 4 playoff spots.

Trey13

I just don't see how you keep a 13-0 conference champ out? That would have a wins over top a 14 LSU, and a top 25 Louisville team
LSU was game one and they ended up not living up to a 13 team. Louisville just lost to KY. ACC is not impressive. How many losses would Louisville have in the sec? FSU had several close games against bad teams.

JBell

I justify it by history. SEC has annually been dominant. To leave their champion out would be insane. Looks at what a .500 sec team almost did to a undefeated acc team. And Kentucky beat the team they are playing for the championship. FSU does not look very impressive….. my opinion. And I think Oregon beats Washington this weekend. Does a 1 loss pac12 team get in over a 1 loss sec? Never. I do think texas is tough. No doubt. But I think Michigan, texas and sec champion should be for sure in( if texas and Michigan take care of business this weekend)

THEdonkey0515

LSU was game one and they ended up not living up to a 13 team. Louisville just lost to KY. ACC is not impressive. How many losses would Louisville have in the sec? FSU had several close games against bad teams.
I understand, I just don't think they will keep a 13-0 team out.

Like TCU who had an easier schedule then FSU.

Best win was Kansas state in overtime. Everyone knew bama at 5 & Tennessee at 6 was probably better teams,with tougher schedules and better wins, but it didn't matter. Same for Cincinnati in 2021 I'm sure many felt teams like Ohio st and Oklahoma was the better teams.

Last edited:

JBell

If bama beats Georgia, which is the on scenario that this is a question about, then they are in. Win over #1 and only loss to the new #5 or 6 now (which was real early) is better than fsu. Keep on mind…. This is all hypothetical and the reason they play the games. This weekend usually has a way of working it out.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I think this is a good prediction:

IMG_2920.png

MUP

The commentators on ESPN are lamenting the miracle needed by Bama to beat an Auburn team that was blown out by a New Mex St team earlier in the season, and also the double digit loss to Texas in BDS. It's entirely possible that Bama will miss the playoffs. This is probably the most scrambled ranking puzzle in the history of the CFB rankings system.