Seagar Red Label results

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Well I have used this line for several years and I love it.
Yes, occasionally I will get the "well crap" result after I cast with a spinning reel, but on my baitcasters it is great.
Stretch always said my 10# was too light for bass fishing but it is what I have always used.
I took his advice, after a few breaks on the hookset last year and bumped it up to 15#.
So far it is amazingly great !!
His big "con" to fluorocarbon is it breaks too easy (with any small nick) but this stuff is TOUGH !!!!!
I got hung up twice and I thought I was gonna have to cut it instead of just breaking it.

Man thought the 15# was a little "too thick" and he opted for 12#.
He has had no issues either.

Oh well, just some useless rambling for ya this morning. :D

WTM

as far as the breakage issue, this is what a lot of folks dont understand about flouro, its not elastic. when it breaks it will usually break 4-6 feet up the line from lure attachment. the reason is, that contrary to belief, flouro does stretch. the problem lies is that it does not retract like mono. it basically stretches and stays stretched until it is thin and weakened enough that it breaks at the point where the greatest force is applied and flipping fish in the boat increases it even more.

this is why "pro" anglers will cut off 8 ft or so and retie after a couple of fish or if they play a big for very long.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I have finally got to where it is a habit for me to retie after I catch about 5 fish.
I even do that when I am bream fishing but I will wait till I hit the 10 fish mark.

Latest posts