SE NO!!!!!

CliffordN

My camera has been showing great deer movement at one of my ladder stands. I have all of my gear ready. Been shooting good. It could happen, right? The only thing that could go wrong is a South East Wind. And that is what the weatherman has dialed up for opening day...
Even a a South West works... But, for now it is looking a lot like PLAN B.... ARRRG!

Andy S.

Forecast shows SE 5 mph here too. Most of my early season trees are picked for some sort of south wind. With that said, IMO, 0-5 mph means "light and variable", which means deer could smell/pick you off from any direction as the prevailing wind direction shifts throughout the morning. Control what you can control and make the most of it. Good luck!

CliffordN

Forecast shows SE 5 mph here too. Most of my early season trees are picked for some sort of south wind. With that said, IMO, 0-5 mph means "light and variable", which means deer could smell/pick you off from any direction as the prevailing wind direction shifts throughout the morning. Control what you can control and make the most of it. Good luck!
I hate variable winds when I am bowhunting and in a ladder stand. No getting any higher, and truly just gambling that you will get away with it...

Bone Collector

My camera has been showing great deer movement at one of my ladder stands. I have all of my gear ready. Been shooting good. It could happen, right? The only thing that could go wrong is a South East Wind. And that is what the weatherman has dialed up for opening day...
Even a a South West works... But, for now it is looking a lot like PLAN B.... ARRRG!
I'm seeing North winds in Mid TN.

Latest posts