Scouts #8 Deer Find

tellico4x4

Got this Mtn Cur pup at 7 weeks old from @OldFussNFeathers a year ago, and she has been a real pleasure. Can't thank him enough for her. Believe he was a bit mortified when I told him that I planned to make a deer tracking dog out of her instead of a squirrel dog šŸ¤£. She came out of competition squirrel hunting stock but truly loves tracking a deer. I love how aggressive she is, a real fireball when I put her harness on, she knows it's time to hunt! On the other hand, she's a 30lb, loving, cuddling babydoll that identifies as a 100lb guard dog.

Videos make take a bit to load, sorry.

Last edited:

Antler Daddy

Got this Mtn Cur pup at 7 weeks old from @OldFussNFeathers a year ago, and she has been a real pleasure. Can't thank him enough for her. Believe he was a bit mortified when I told him that I planned to make a deer tracking dog out of her instead of a squirrel dog šŸ¤£. She came out of competition squirrel hunting stock but truly loves tracking a deer. I love how aggressive she is, a real fireball when I put her harness on, she knows it's time to hunt! On the other hand, she's a 30lb, loving, cuddling babydoll that identifies as a 100lb guard dog.

Videos make take a bit to load, sorry.

View attachment 210113

View attachment 210116
that is some blood stained dirt. I wonder how many prions are in that soil?

OldFussNFeathers

Goes against everything our dogs are taught. With that being said, to each their own and I'm quite tickled with what you've done with that one!!!!! Watched the videos multiple times!

tellico4x4

Really believe that she'd track anything that I put her on.
May take her to my best friends place in FL next month for squirrels. He's got 20 acres of live oaks that are absolutely loaded with them. Didn't want to hunt her on them until I got several deer under her belt since she's bred so strong for squirrels in first place. Having a dual purpose dog would be awesome.

Last edited:

OldFussNFeathers

I'd suspect that if she can correlate harness/leash work to dear vs let loose to squirrel/coon tree you may be ok. I'd really like to tell you to just focus on one thing but they are some smart dogs.

Latest posts