Scouts 1st Buck & 2nd Find

tellico4x4

IMG_20231020_184114204_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

When we were loading the buck into the Ranger, Cory got in bed & I handed him the antlers. I picked up the back legs & we heaved it into bed. I noticed that it got heavier all of a sudden & Scout had the entire tail in her mouth & we picked her up as well šŸ¤£

tellico4x4

She is such a fireball that I had to switch from a 30' check cord to a 10' one. With the longer one I can't keep up with her and we stayed tangled up in brush. This is just her 3rd track since getting her back from trainer a month ago. We didn't find a doe last week due to cutover & the long lead staying tangled at night. Am sure that it made an abrupt turn and we over ran it...the 10' worked much better last night .Nothing laid back about her šŸ¤£

Last edited:

tellico4x4

Glad to see she is doing so well! I knew she would. It's hard to find a better dog than a cur!
She's learning that when I put the harness on her that we are going hunting. Glad that she's on the small size too, only weighs 28 lbs! As high as she can jump I believe @OldFussNFeathers crossed them up with a kangaroo at some point. She & my Schnauzer were chasing each other and Maggie ran under a standard picnic table & Scout cleared the whole thing including both benchesšŸ¤£

OldFussNFeathers

She's learning that when I put the harness on her that we are going hunting. Glad that she's on the small size too, only weighs 28 lbs! As high as she can jump I believe @OldFussNFeathers crossed them up with a kangaroo at some point. She & my Schnauzer were chasing each other and Maggie ran under a standard picnic table & Scout cleared the whole thing including both benchesšŸ¤£
šŸ¤£. 2 out of 3 ain't too bad for that age! She'll stay on the smaller side I suspect as both parents are.

Latest posts