scope mounting/windage question

pass-thru

First time scope mounting for me, I mounted four scopes recently and finally made it to the range today. Three of them are good to go.

However I mounted a luepold rx 2 on my winchester model 94 30-30. I boresited and was way right at 50 yards with the first shot. However, I maxed out the adjustments to the left, and the impacts were still right of target (not too far though).

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is though. The rear base has windage screws on both sides. This evening I looked on from the back of the rifle, the windage screw on the left side was flush, but the one right side was backed out a few turns. So I backed out the one on the left slightly and turned the one on the right in a few turns. Is this likely to correct my problem....or is there something else I need to do?

Rackseeker

Go back and set your windage adjustment on your scope to the middle of your adjustment range. Then adjust your windage using your base adjustment to where it is close to being on target. Then do your final adjusting with the scope windage turret to dial it in perfect.

Tiny

What they said. +

You can get the windage set an never touch the scope adjustments but takes some time & effort to do it in some cases.Seeing as it is a 94 I would suggest you fire at least a couple of rounds and adjust the windage by mounts to the bullet holes from center of target,Clamp type reat or buddy really comes in handy for this.Unless you have a laser bore sighter.If all is right the older types will get you right.

Latest posts