Vintage Weaver scope question

Tenntrapper

I recently got a vintage k9 weaver from another member. The scope seems to be in good condition, but looks like the lens are "dirty" on the inside. Does anyone know if Weaver will still "go through" them, clean everything up, new o-rings, and purge with nitrogen?
I plan to call them this week, but just curious if anyone has had this done?

Thanks

DeerCamp

I recently got a vintage k9 weaver from another member. The scope seems to be in good condition, but looks like the lens are "dirty" on the inside. Does anyone know if Weaver will still "go through" them, clean everything up, new o-rings, and purge with nitrogen?
I plan to call them this week, but just curious if anyone has had this done?

Thanks
Modern weaver doesn't do anything with the old scopes. The biggest problem is a lack of parts.

There used to be a guy in El Paso that would repair them. He was a retired Weaver guy, but they are out of business. I did finally find a company that will repair them. Let me see if I can find the info.

DeerCamp

Screenshot_20240209_082743_Message+.jpg

SPD FRK 70

I have the same scope I looked into having it refurbished a few years back I was thinking there was a guy doing it in the Northwest somewhere I'll see if I can figure out who it was again as I will have it done someday
My father bought the scope brand new back in around 68

SPD FRK 70

Actually this is the place that I found a couple years back they restore and sell restored vintage scopes lots of nice stuff if you really like vintage scopes you can spend a lot of time on their site drooling

Latest posts