Sandhill crane draw results are in

Pioneer1789

I didn't put in for it for the first time in 5 years. My outfitter in Rhea county hasn't been having very good luck like they have in the past. Our hunts were cancelled last 2 years running. COVID-19 killed the in person 3 bird tag drawing. That didn't help any.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I drew last year, but not this time.

I don't mind online drawings, but I'd like to see it return to where you had SE Zone tags, for which the birds must be harvested in that area.
It's more in line with the principles of the new duck blind drawings that way—anyone can put in, but you still have to make the effort to hunt the area.

Last edited:

TAFKAP

I got drawn !!! :D

@gasman did not.

Just sayin'
Dangit.....this was my 4th draw, but my first taste of getting missed. I'm heartbroken

I called the Quota office just to make sure it was a case of bad luck. I didn't want to poop the bed for future draws because they didn't receive my post-season survey. My survey was good, I just missed the boat this time.

She also said this was the first year they've implemented the Priority Point system for Sandhills. She said EVERYONE that put in for the draw this year with a point (and there were only 1-pointers or 0-pointers) got drawn.

Crosshairy suggested that with the entirety of waterfowl drawings being held online, there were probably a much higher percentage of hunters putting in for the crane hunt this year. All that to say, I'll be sitting on the sidelines this year.

TAFKAP

The good news is that TAFKAP Jr. will be 13 next year, and we can both put in together!

TAFKAP

Honestly, given the number of birds, I would love to see the quota numbers increased. I'd be curious to find out the year-by-year stats of birds checked in vs. number of permits issued.

drake799

I bet half the people that draw tags never even make an attempt to hunt 1 time. They should definitely increase the number of people that draw tags There no shortage of birds from what I've seen for just a 2 bird limit

Latest posts