Another sandhill crane hunt question

Voldeerfan

2-Step Enabled
Heard something today about requirements for hunting these birds. A friend was told by a game warden that he was supposed to have a duck stamp on top of the migratory bird permit, license and I.D. test. I have not found any published information concerning this. Anyone else heard of this, and if so, where is it found?

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Wouldn't SHC be considered waterfowl?? That would be the reason for the federal duck stamp.

Not every state does.
Texas doesn't, therefore if you're hunting sandhills there, you can use lead shot.

But Tennessee does consider them waterfowl, ergo you do need non-toxic shot, and all applicable waterfowl licenses.

archer19

If you hunt a duck, goose, or crane in TN you gotta have the Federal Stamp .
They not gonna miss out on their $

Buzzard Breath

Yeah, I completed the ID test, got the migratory permit and had Annual Sportsman's. I will have to take care of the stamp now. Thanks everyone.
You can either go to the post office and buy the stamp in person, or buy it through TWRA's website and they'll mail it to you. Your receipt is good for 30/45 days (I forget which), but afterwards, you need the actual stamp. Don't forget to sign the front of it.

Voldeerfan

2-Step Enabled
You can either go to the post office and buy the stamp in person, or buy it through TWRA's website and they'll mail it to you. Your receipt is good for 30/45 days (I forget which), but afterwards, you need the actual stamp. Don't forget to sign the front of it.
I saw where you can buy it online, but it says it can be up to 20 days before you get it in the mail. Walmart, Bass Pro, USPS are listed as local places to get it right then.

outdoors crazy

I saw where you can buy it online, but it says it can be up to 20 days before you get it in the mail. Walmart, Bass Pro, USPS are listed as local places to get it right then.
It will send you an email if you buy it online and it will show up on your app. A printed copy of purchase is good for 45 days before you have to have the actual stamp on you.

Buzzard Breath

I bought mine about 2 weeks ago and it showed up around a week afterwards. As already posted, a printed receipt is good for 45 days, it'll get you through the rest of the season.

TAFKAP

Here's a screenshot of everyone's award document, which details some of the requirements. But the published hunting regulations also explain the required ID test and that the permit document you carry needs to have a confirmation number of your 100% success. The test has a couple tricky questions that'll mess up most people at least once
1704300468242.png

Latest posts