Same deer?

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Ok, I am in no way an expert at putting cameras out to get good pictures or deciphering if not so good pics are of the same deer or not so I am coming to the experts to find out. The one picture with the deer facing away actually looks like a good deer but I just can't tell, nor can I tell if they might be the same deer.
E797B254-587A-4AC3-9233-41CA1C719CE2.jpeg

FBF3D098-FA59-4AB6-B0DB-44A4045969D4.jpeg

I've repositioned the camera to get better pics. This is on a faint trail that skirts my remote food plot where I have seen scrape activity in the past and thought this would be a good spot to get pictures.

TNPete1

Need to adjust both cameras down. (You're getting squirrels in trees.) Imagine both these deer with their heads up. The tops of the antlers would just barely be half way to the top of the picture frames. I pretty much run two cameras all year. I really like identifying them from year to year. With good pics, identification doesn't necessarily have anything to do with racks. In the spring/early summer, I can tell if deer made it through the winter by looking at other things. A lot of deer have different wounds to their ear/head/neck areas that never truly heal 100%. There are bucks and does in my area that have cuts on either side (or both) and even complete holes in their ears. It's kind of cool getting to watch deer "grow up" after a couple years. This is particularly true when trying to identify older does to take out of the herd. As far as if the two pics are the same deer, I agree with the two posts above that it looks like one has a crab claw and a longer G2. Either way, looks like you've got interesting spots. Happy hunting!

Latest posts