Safety Reminder

NumberOne

WTM":1y1ikxlv said:
yeah, one of the fishing guides found this on ky lake a couple of weeks ago. a KY lake sculpture.

I watched a bass boat a couple weeks ago go across the TVA flat coming from Beaver dam going towards the 70 bridge. The water was at 356.5. He had to have been doing 65-70 and he never let out until he made it to the river channel. It made me cringe. He either knew exactly what he was doing or he wasnt very smart haha

WTM

NumberOne":iefzafc7 said:
WTM":iefzafc7 said:
yeah, one of the fishing guides found this on ky lake a couple of weeks ago. a KY lake sculpture.

I watched a bass boat a couple weeks ago go across the TVA flat coming from Beaver dam going towards the 70 bridge. The water was at 356.5. He had to have been doing 65-70 and he never let out until he made it to the river channel. It made me cringe. He either knew exactly what he was doing or he wasnt very smart haha

lol i bet he wouldnt have done it at 354. he was probably planing in 2 ft of water and not using navionics, lol.

i told a co-worker about those flats and even told him if he fished down this way to give me a call and id show him around how to get into birdsong to spider rig. did he give me a call, nope. did he spin a prop on his brand new g3 coming out of nathan bedford, yep.

bluball

NumberOne":320wxjmf said:
WTM":320wxjmf said:

Had a guyi me in the west tn crappie club call me 5-6yrs ago and said he ran a ground.He said it wouldnt take much to get it out,gathered stuff and headed that way.Put in at lucas harbor and he was on that flat over towards beaver dam.once i got over there i said theres no way i could get him out,big nitro with a 250 mercury setting in 8inches of water.He said take me to my truck and gathered his stuff.Going to work monday and tuesday i saw it still setting there,it had been there since sat.Wensday it was gone,he said he got boat usa to get it out.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

WTM

people rely on their eyes too much in the fall and winter. the exposed flats look like water from a distance especially if there is a little chop. its an optical illusion of sorts. when you are able to see it then its sometimes too late if your running fast.

ive seen i dont know how many pontoons get stuck in big bottoms in the fall.

Planking

If visibility is an issue you shouldn't be going very fast. I made that mistake. You just never know what is floating in the water. I was very lucky to have survived that accident.

Latest posts