rut over in middle TN counties?

Puckett Creek

I'm betting the 2nd rut will be starting anytime now in Rutherford Co. - 28 days after rutting activing was first sighted.
I've seen decent 3rd rut activity in the past on one farm I hunt....killed a pretty nice 8 pt. a several yrs back right around the first of Jan. that was hot on a doe (back when the gun season was a week longer).

Bone Collector

jar said:
Last year in Rutherford county I saw more chasing in Dec. than I did in Nov. Scrapes on my place were freshened up last year in Dec. Put a camera on a new one yesterday.

where are you hunting at in Rutherford. I am hunting near Readyville, but this is my first year, so I am just learning the deer. Scrapes have been dry on my place for a week or so, but I feel like we may get a second dose here pretty soon if it cools down some.

Bone Collector

Puckett Creek said:
I'm betting the 2nd rut will be starting anytime now in Rutherford Co. - 28 days after rutting activing was first sighted.
I've seen decent 3rd rut activity in the past on one farm I hunt....killed a pretty nice 8 pt. a several yrs back right around the first of Jan. that was hot on a doe (back when the gun season was a week longer).

HMM was going to go to Giles this weekend, to give my place a break, but may have to change my mind. BTW the gun season is back to its old length this year. It closes on Jan. 6th. Juvenile part 2 on the 12th and 13th.

Latest posts