Ron LaClair’s Shrew bows..

Smo

Anyone familiar with them?

I haven't see them mentioned here so I thought I would ask.

Mr. LaClair is quite the Woodsman, checkout his work and accomplishments if you haven't.

Google Ron LaClairs Traditional Archery Shoppe if you're not familiar with him.

Phil Floyd

I have had a couple in the past. Don't have one now. I like the handle forward design, but I now prefer longer bows. They are well built and are good shooters. A few different bowyers have built them over the years. Now I think they are built in Germany by Henry(?) Bodkin.

eddie c

I haven't had the pleasure to shoot one of his bows but have looked at them in the past.
I met Ron last year in Michigan. It was nice to talk to him for about ,15-20 minutes.

Stykbow

I've never shot one either, but I've always liked the looks of them. You know I don't think I've ever seen or heard of him killing anything with a "modern" weapon. Only stick bows and side hammer ML's.

If you're going to be stupid, you'd better be tough!

Smo

I haven't met him in person but talked with him on the phone, nice Guy and was very helpful..

I think Ron's is around 80 now and still hunts, I saw where he killed a turkey ... I think last Spring.

Not only is he a great hunter , he's a Champion Archer and hawk & knife thrower..

eddie c

Smo":2sialo1t said:
I haven't met him in person but talked with him on the phone, nice Guy and was very helpful..

I think Ron's is around 80 now and still hunts, I saw where he killed a turkey ... I think last Spring.

Not only is he a great hunter , he's a Champion Archer and hawk & knife thrower..
I was thinking he's in his 90s but I've been wrong before. I met him at the Elm Hall Stickbow shoot. That place is in the middle of nowhere. He told me that he lived a couple of miles away. He drove his side by side to the shoot. :tu:

jmlost

I have been shooting a 60 inch super shrew about 3 months now. Really like the grip-
Spoke to mr. laclair about 30 minutes when ordering- great experience

Smo

eddie c":1111xr7j said:
Smo":1111xr7j said:

I was thinking he's in his 90s but I've been wrong before. I met him at the Elm Hall Stickbow shoot. That place is in the middle of nowhere. He told me that he lived a couple of miles away. He drove his side by side to the shoot. :tu:

I'm on a couple Forums he's on and think 84 was posted on his last birthday...

Here's a couple more pics of him...

This ones from last Spring, the turkey hunt I mentioned earlier.

994-DA26-F-12-F0-4-A2-B-96-CB-72-FA5-A7-ECD89.jpg

A couple from days gone bye....

8-F1-FDDC0-0967-4035-9486-5706553-AD91-A.jpg

500-E6393-0-BC8-43-E0-AFC8-A4666-C160424.jpg

There's not many like him around still....