Hybrid long bows?

southernhunter

I am wanting to try a 64" hybrid R/D longbow.

Like the Bear ausable, or 3rivers Mesa

I have shot a slick stick and really liked it but it was too short for my draw length.

Any recommendations on models? Budget vs high end ?

monjorrow

I'm shooting a 64" Omega Original. Love the bow, less than $400 for a custom bow you can't go wrong really.
77ecf1b70158617b423955b6a0875c8c.jpg

Phil Floyd

I got a Mandarin Duck 40# TD longbow to help me fight target panic. For $125 delivered, you can't beat it. The only thing wrong with it is that it is made in China. Nice riser, black glass over bamboo limb cores. I don't use it anymore because I have gone to a higher poundage hunting bow. I have been shooting traditional bows a long time and this one surprised me.

southernhunter

Phil Floyd":3i2u003s said:
I got a Mandarin Duck 40# TD longbow to help me fight target panic. For $125 delivered, you can't beat it. The only thing wrong with it is that it is made in China. Nice riser, black glass over bamboo limb cores. I don't use it anymore because I have gone to a higher poundage hunting bow. I have been shooting traditional bows a long time and this one surprised me.

I bought one, nice bow but felt it was too short for my 30" draw

Lost Lake

Seems like bows today are all made so well that it's hard to pick between a recurve, longbow, or flatbow/hybrid model.

Bob Rouselo at Kohannah Bows makes great bows, and his Fury hybrid model is super sweet. There really isn't much difference these days between the speed and shootability between types. Check out his website.

I have one of his older Kohannah Kurves and I can tell you, the man makes a quality item. If I was in the mood for a hybrid, one of his Fury's would be on the way to my house.

Latest posts