Role call

whistlinwingman

Haven't bow hunted in a few years due to my two Boys hunting. (Just didn't want to burn area out.) They are 15 and 12 now and both have killed a few deer. Decided to break out the old Mathees Switchback XT. Shot quite often the last few months. Scouted my area and found a hot acorn tree. I punched a tag at 730 this morning and quite frankly haven't been this excited in a while. Will wait for cooler weather before going back but tagging on opening morning brings back precious memories from younger years.

JeepKuntry

By far the worst opener yet. Had a guy ask me where I was going. Then proceeded to trample through the area about 10 minutes after I setup. Had dogs come through off leash while the owners walked a gravel road. And to top it off, 2 trucks drive by because they scheduled a work day there starting at 9. So I decided college football. Weather permitting west Tn private land next weekend. About over pt19!

bigtex

Was a beautiful morning to be in the woods. Just enough chill in the air to keep the skeeters away.
Bumped a deer going in before daylight, saw a flock of turkeys, a lone doe, and bumped another deer at 12:00 coming out.
Heading back out here in a few, will probably be my last hunt for awhile. I'm scheduled for total hip replacement in Knoxville early Monday morning. Please say a prayer for my wife, I'm probably going to be a grumpy old man for a while. ;)
Good luck to all, be safe, and may your aim be true!!

kaizen leader

Was a beautiful morning to be in the woods. Just enough chill in the air to keep the skeeters away.
Bumped a deer going in before daylight, saw a flock of turkeys, a lone doe, and bumped another deer at 12:00 coming out.
Heading back out here in a few, will probably be my last hunt for awhile. I'm scheduled for total hip replacement in Knoxville early Monday morning. Please say a prayer for my wife, I'm probably going to be a grumpy old man for a while. ;)
Good luck to all, be safe, and may your aim be true!!
Good luck.

Ski

Tough pass this morning. I've still yet to let an arrow fly on opening morning and that was my only goal this morning. Just wanted to shoot a doe. He was one of those bucks that's just big enough to get my heart pumping a little but not quite big enough for me to not regret shooting him after all is said and done. Maybe I'll get a doe this evening.

Tough pass indeed!

killingtime 41

Just discovered I set up infrot of someone's trail cam 🤣View attachment 196446
Man they are everywhere walked up on 6 cameras. Several on different pieces of public. Can even sit anywhere anymore. With out constant pic after pic going off. Sure takes the relaxing time in the woods away from it for me personally. Really starting to get on my nerves. Every damn trail with a camera sitting in it.

C1295

Man they are everywhere walked up on 6 cameras. Several on different pieces of public. Can even sit anywhere anymore. With out constant pic after pic going off. Sure takes the relaxing time in the woods away from it for me personally. Really starting to get on my nerves. Every damn trail with a camera sitting in it.
Agreed 100%

C1295

Took today off for another shot.
64297E70-5F04-42CA-976E-CB5A65D5898D.jpeg