Rock Island Musky Club

Tubakka

Hey,
Thought I'd make a post to let any interested parties that we are having the first meeting of the Rock island Musky Club November 16th at 6:30 pm at Lil' Joe's Bait shop near the square in McMinnville, sparta street I believe. Dwayne hickey is the man to contact about info 931-273-7937, but I'll give an overview.
This is a club for conservation minded [i.e. catch-and-release] musky anglers in middle Tennessee, specifically fishing the areas around rock island but not excluding the obed emory river system, big south fork, and nolichuckey. Our main goal is to have a good time and talk about our sport, but also to perpetuate it in the state of Tennessee through encouragement of stocking and higher limits. An annual fee of $20 is required, but each month we will have a big fish contest where most of the pot is going towards an annual goal to raise money towards stocking more fish and supporting the TWRA financially with a bump int he right direction. This is not mandatory but it is encouraged. Hope to see some dedicated musky anglers there.

Tubakka

BD,
I dunno. There's several guys in that club that are ery good musky anglers. Tom Kelly took a 54" and a 52" in the same week a couple summers ago, and consistently puts up big fish. I'm tied with Dwayne this year for big fish so far. But frankly, Dwayne is the guy that got most of us started here in TN, so whoever wins the monthly thing...he's still the king.

Latest posts