Roasted radishes with greens

Chaneylake

This recipe compliments of my youngest daughter Mrs. TAFKAP
TAFKAP JR #1, #2 & #3 love the roasted radishes.

Attachments

• 20201027_185006.jpg
    20201027_185006.jpg
    522.6 KB · Views: 119

Nimrod777

Perfect timing! I planted some radishes in our garden this fall for the first time ever. They're doing great, but we really aren't radish eaters. I was wondering about how they cooked up, but honestly hadn't heard of anyone cooking with them, just eating them raw on vegetable trays.

Have you ever sauteed the greens, or always eat them raw?

Chaneylake

Perfect timing! I planted some radishes in our garden this fall for the first time ever. They're doing great, but we really aren't radish eaters. I was wondering about how they cooked up, but honestly hadn't heard of anyone cooking with them, just eating them raw on vegetable trays.

Have you ever sauteed the greens, or always eat them raw?
my daughter states that the roasting takes the spicy(?) bite out of the radishes.
It also caramelizes the radishes.
Just make sure radishes are very dry before roasting.

The greens will be raw.

To me, the true test is that her 3 boys love them.

TAFKAP

We slay them in the summer. I like to thin slice a couple radishes to toss around, as well. I like the hot bite of a good raw radish.

The organic radishes usually have the best greens on them, so that's usually what we'll buy.

GMB54

Try it with daikon radish or the Korean variety too. Just 1 radish is all you need for a test. They are huge and cheap at most markets. I use them in place of taters occasionally in stews.

Turnips are really good too.

WTM

Try it with daikon radish or the Korean variety too. Just 1 radish is all you need for a test. They are huge and cheap at most markets. I use them in place of taters occasionally in stews.

Turnips are really good too.
i grow daikon in my garden sometimes to loosen up the soil. good pickled too.

GMB54

I pickle them all the time but mostly lacto fermented with Korean sea salt and Korean pepper flakes. In Korea the lacto fermnted radish is called kakkdugi [Gak do Gee]. Their variety is a little different but Daikon works too. The other way i do them is sweet pickled with rice wine vinegar and stained with turmeric to simulate Korean Danmuji/Japanese Takuan. It tastes similar but not exactly the same.

If you like spicy, pickled and radish you will probably like this and its simple to make.

Last edited:

WTM

I pickle them all the time but mostly lacto fermented with Korean sea salt and Korean pepper flakes. In Korea the lacto fermnted radish is called kakkdugi [Gak do Gee]. Their variety is a little different but Daikon works too. The other way i do them is sweet pickled with rice wine vinegar and stained with turmeric to simulate Korean Danmuji/Japanese Takuan. It tastes similar but not exactly the same.

If you like spicy, pickled and radish you will probably like this and its simple to make.
bookmarked. thanks.

Latest posts