Venison Stroganoff with asparagus

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
2B3E8F0C-13B8-4846-8B66-6DB7AA4E48E0.jpeg

My wife is an artist! This is great!

TAFKAP

My problem with beef stroganoff is overcooking the meat? Any suggestions?

Brown the meat in the pan as a whole chunk, then remove to cook everything else. After it rests, chunk it up and put it back in the sauce for a few minutes.

Otherwise, brown the chunks in the pan, then remove. Cook everything else, put the chunks back in the sauce for a few minutes.

But what's your problem with overcooking? Would you prefer pink meat vs. brown? The above will help. But if you're getting dry stringy meat and can't figure out how to make it tender and moist, then your best bet is to brine it a day before hand. It really helps, especially if you don't leave the meat in the whole time you're cooking the sauce.

Gronkmonster

Brown the meat in the pan as a whole chunk, then remove to cook everything else. After it rests, chunk it up and put it back in the sauce for a few minutes.

Otherwise, brown the chunks in the pan, then remove. Cook everything else, put the chunks back in the sauce for a few minutes.

But what's your problem with overcooking? Would you prefer pink meat vs. brown? The above will help. But if you're getting dry stringy meat and can't figure out how to make it tender and moist, then your best bet is to brine it a day before hand. It really helps, especially if you don't leave the meat in the whole time you're cooking the sauce.
Thanks Takfap. I usually by the stew beef. If I can catch ribeye on sale a might grab a couple steaks and sear, rest, and cut it up after đź‘Ť

TAFKAP

Salt it hours, if not a day or so before. It'll help, especially with generic stew meat

Latest posts