Rifle stock hydro-dip pattern/ color would you choose?

rodeojoe

I have an older Weatherby MK V lightweight rifle in 30.06 and I want to change the stock looks.
It had the grey with black from factory, but times change. The barrel and metal is Blackened SS.
I had it dipped 6-7 years ago in a generic camo pattern that I liked at the time.

Time for a change. What would you choose???

Rifles are cheaper to trade than a women.

Remington700

A lot of good patterns out there. Being a rifle that will be used in winter for hunting. I would go with Real tree edge or Mossy Oak break up.

Omega

I have an older Weatherby MK V lightweight rifle in 30.06 and I want to change the stock looks.
It had the grey with black from factory, but times change. The barrel and metal is Blackened SS.
I had it dipped 6-7 years ago in a generic camo pattern that I liked at the time.

Time for a change. What would you choose???

Rifles are cheaper to trade than a women.
What does it look like now? If this is a DIY thing, then I would go for a camo scheme to match your usual hunting environment, but if it's something you are going to pay for, then go all out and look for another stock, with a color and ergonomics you like.

Shanman

Guess it would depend on what the company doing it would have to offer. As mentioned, some really cool camo patterns out there, but not always available for hydro dipping.

rodeojoe

Here is the pattern on my rifle now.
The barrel is original blackened SS. I upgraded the brake. The new one is black.
I just want to change the stock looks to something pleasing to look at. (And won't get me in trouble with the wife!)

Attachments

• IMG_2492.JPG
    IMG_2492.JPG
    346.4 KB · Views: 60

Omega

Here is the pattern on my rifle now.
The barrel is original blackened SS. I upgraded the brake. The new one is black.
I just want to change the stock looks to something pleasing to look at. (And won't get me in trouble with the wife!)
Looks good to me, but camo is for the hunter, not the deer, so if you don't like it check with the ones that offer that service and see what they offer and pick something you like.

Latest posts